Sign in to follow this  
#1huntinfool

anyone else have problems in 6a?

A very tough hunt this year! lots of coulda woulda shoulda's.

Dad got up high and talked us in to a 300 class bull opening evening, two more steps to take and would have had a perfect 25 yard shot,

then little brother steped on a branch lol. Oh well! it woulda been his bull anyhow!

The elk didnt really start to rut till the last 4 days of season then we started to have opportunites.

On the last morning I got on a 320 class bull and decided to try and call him in instead of sneaking up on him, he actualy decided to come to my cow call, (can you beleive that??)

Well I just so happened to be in the middle of a field attempting to cross and set up closer (bad idea) and i seen him commin, so i droped to me knees and was prayin he wouldnt see me, well at 95 yards he wouldnt come closer, so I let 'er fly, (i know im gonna get chewed on for sayin it but I have can shoot a 5" group all day at 90.) well the one tree limb that was stickin out halfway to me and the bull got in the way. and that was the last of him.

so tonight im eatin tag soup, what about yall?

• Like 1

I would love to chew your butt, but it is a waste if you already do it. Nothing anyone is going to say is going to make people change their minds on how far they can shoot. Glad you missed.

• Like 2

I would love to chew your butt, but it is a waste if you already do it. Nothing anyone is going to say is going to make people change their minds on how far they can shoot. Glad you missed.

Simply out of curiosity what business of it is yours?

Don't remember the OP asking for others opinions on his shot distance. Some of you really remind me of women that got nothing better to do than to have diarrhea of the mouth.

• Like 6

Don't remember the OP asking for others opinions on his shot distance. Some of you really remind me of women that got nothing better to do than to have diarrhea of the mouth.

And what business is it of your? Aren't you doing the exact same thing?

You should all be more like Tim.

post-4310-0-96997900-1443275751_thumb.jpeg

• Like 5

Aren't you doing the same thing as well now? Maybe you should take your own advice Just sayn

not sure if serious. you just did the same thing, but you even took your time to find a meme to go with it.

The Internet or the elk woods..... Elk bring out the worst in everybody it seems. I've heard more drama stories than I have success stories from all the people I know that had tags. This site reflects that same thing. It's no wonder why this place has lost so many good guys!!!

• Like 2

Aren't you doing the same thing as well now? Maybe you should take your own advice Just sayn

Aren't you doing the same thing as well now? Maybe you should take your own advice just sayn

hold on a second fellas. i didnt want to start an argument, just wanted to tell yall my experience!

but seriously, I would not take a shot unless i was 100% confident in my shooting ability!

it was a clean shot and i would have killed him had not the branch been there!

things happen to everyone!

• Like 1