Sign in to follow this  
rossislider

Snake River Browns (and a few other)

I got looking through some pictures with my wife last night and came across these pictures of our last trip up to fish the south fork of the Snake River. We used to do this trip a couple of times a year, but haven't made the time the past couple of years. That needs to change! I've fished all over the west, but this is the only place where I can claim a 4+ pound average, trip after trip, while catching our limits and having to release several times more than what we keep. My cousins who live there pull out at least a couple of 10+ pounders each year.

post-6408-0-06599400-1443211698.jpg

Her first fish she caught 100% unassisted. She was pretty proud of herself.

post-6408-0-11967300-1443211706_thumb.jpg

For scale, the cooler is a tad over 2 feet in length

post-6408-0-59347300-1443211719_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Nice job

I plan on moving to Idaho near Idaho Falls next September and this is one of the things that I am looking forward to more than anything else. Thanks for sharing your pictures.

• Like 1

I plan on moving to Idaho near Idaho Falls next September and this is one of the things that I am looking forward to more than anything else. Thanks for sharing your pictures.

Those are my old stomping grounds. Do yourself a huge favor when you get there and head straight to Reed's Dairy for a double scoop of huckleberry ice cream in a fresh waffle cone, best ice cream I've ever had, ANYWHERE!. If I lived there I'd weigh at least another 50 pounds thanks to their AMAZING ice cream.

• Like 2

Those are my old stomping grounds. Do yourself a huge favor when you get there and head straight to Reed's Dairy for a double scoop of huckleberry ice cream in a fresh waffle cone, best ice cream I've ever had, ANYWHERE!. If I lived there I'd weigh at least another 50 pounds thanks to their AMAZING ice cream.
Was there last week, but I prefer the black cherry. I still have some manwaring squeaky cheese in the fridge.

I miss the South Fork. And the Henry's fork. And the Middle Fork. And pretty much everything else about that place, EXCEPT minus 20 temps.

• Like 3