Sign in to follow this  
bvanetten

5b north. Quiet as a church mouse

Hunted from the 125 rd up to Marshall lake for the past 3 days. Not heard a single bugle or seen any elk. Last weekend it was crazy with bugles all night till 10am and getting into elk all day. Anyone else having better luck this weekend?

I went out this morning to Mormon Lake hoping to photograph some elk in the lake bed. I did not glass up one elk, which struck me as strange. Good luck on the rest of your hunt.

• Like 1

I think that Mormon lake herd got busted up pretty quickly. My son said opening weekend the lake bed was surrounded.

Was there yesterday and today scouting for my cow hunt in Oct, heard 1 bugle, glassed up 2 very nice 6x, 1 ugly dual beam club head and a 4x. Weather was very warm, wondering if that has something to do with it.

Headed to church this morning and pulled out of my driveway and my next door Nieghbor had this nice bull on his car. Archery hunt

post-2686-0-26128700-1442808891_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I was in 5B-S this weekend. Heard a few bugles Sat evening...saw a couple bulls. Pretty quiet/slow though. The rest of the hunt should be much better. Batten the hatches....suppose to get 1 to 3 inches of rain Mon and Tues...expecting flash flooding. Should be good hunting after that.

I was up near ashurst and kinn for 4 days and all was quiet. Didn't see much .I drew the leftover archery cow tag and thought it was a slam dunk . Headed back up tomorrow .

looks like tag soup for me this year. got into a couple of herds this morning. very little bugling. last night they were

screaming at each other for a while though. no regrets, had a few opportunities to get it done but couldn't put it all together. its hunting, not shopping after all!

kaibabhunter, thanks for the tips. enjoyed listening to the bulls around your camp. they put on quite a show.

• Like 1