Sign in to follow this  
newazhunter

Any 5A Bulls Down Yet?

Ah. I remember my teenage years too. I chased a lot of tail back then, and I am sure I was close to getting shot by a few fathers.....

I was in 5a last archery day and opening rifle. Them bulls screamed and thrashed all night, I couldn't sleep.

Heard a shot nearby, predawn opening morning. Found a gut pile but didn't see the bull taken.

Anyone been in 5A for awhile? Is there snow on the ground? Leaving Saturday morning to setup camp and scout for a week before the Nov. 27 to Dec. 3 hunt.

Anyone have a decent spot to camp for the 14 day trip? I am worried we might get some more snow. My buddy is going to be pulling a horse trailer with two horses, so we will need a spot we can get out of it we get any sizable snow drop.

Thanks guys.

We tagged out (3 tags) yesterday (Tuesday). One rag horn (2x4) opening day, a 5x4 the next, and a 5x5 on Tuesday. Elk on the table for three lucky families.

The rag horn had a very peculiar setup on the one side. There is a 30" spike on the right side. There is another 30" spike that comes out of the skull over the top on his eye. There is skin/hair growth between the two bases. I'll try to post pics...