Sign in to follow this  
jgraffaz

Is it Legal to use a fox pro to call for elk?

I'm not sure but I think it would be. You're not baiting or using anything else but a call.

It is leagal but if it where by chance be big enough to make the book using one would bump it out of the book if I read the rules right

Yes

show me where it is illegal!

only illegal for migratory birds.

James

Yes

James

Are you saying that if you use a fox-pro for doves it is illegal? Never even heard of a call for them.

Yes

James

Are you saying that if you use a fox-pro for doves it is illegal? Never even heard of a call for them.

DECOYS, CALLS AND BAITING – Migratory game birds may not be taken by the use or aid of live decoys, recorded or electronically amplified bird calls or recorded or electrically amplified imitations of bird calls or sounds. It is illegal to take birds by the aid of baiting, or on or over any baited area, where a person knows or reasonably should know that the area is or has been baited. An area is considered baited for 10 days after the complete removal of all bait. It is legal to take migratory game birds, except waterfowl, coots and cranes, on or over lands or areas that are not otherwise baited areas, and where grain or other feed has been distributed or scattered solely as the result of manipulation of an agricultural crop or other feed on the land where grown,

• Like 1

Yes

James

He said "yes" to it being legal.

my bad I saw illegal... not enough coffee

My apologies 4 Falls

James

Yes

James

probably ducks man

Yes

James

probably ducks man

that is from the dove and band tailed pigeon regs

James

It is all migratory birds but I agree the calling part is mostly aimed at waterfowl. I saw a video of somewhere in Europe where they use live birds decoy/cll. Like shooting fish in a barrel!

We use electronic calls in ND for spring snow geese. I have a recording of mallards, Canada's and cranes on it to use when they fly by. works really good! Can't shoot anything but snows but it sure is fun bringing them in. The specs are really suckers for it!!