Sign in to follow this  
CouesWhitetail

Garmin's new action cam! check it out!

Garmin has recently joined up as a sponsor of CouesWhitetail.com and they are excited to let hunters know about some new gear they have available.

One is the VIRB action camera that is a very rugged camera that is small and easy to use to film your adventures. But it goes way beyond what a normal action camera can do by adding in sensors that measure all kinds of things like the speed you were going, the temperature where you were, your heartbeat, your distance travelled, angle and elevation changes and so many more interesting things that can really help bring life to the video of your hunt or other adventure.

here is a look at the camera

post-1-0-49645400-1441738151_thumb.jpg

and here is a video of an archery deer hunt with it. You can see how they overlay the heart rate info to make it a more interesting video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo3hFzgQLQE&feature=youtu.be

You can learn more about the VIRB on garmin's website. They have a cool video that demonstrates some of the things you can measure and then overlay that data onto your video.

http://virb.garmin.com/en-US

• Like 3

Wow, I almost bought this about a month ago. May have to revisit this "wish list" item.

I have one and can't wait to use it. I have a bow mount (acts like a stabilizer) and a head-band to film hunts...

I have used it underwater to film fish in the stream...

The overlay in the video with a heart monitor is cool... I don't have a heart monitor but would like to see the affects of "buck fever"

• Like 2