Sign in to follow this  
Sneaker

Weather forecast

Anyone else checking the weather way too much? Looking to be warm for the opener in NW juniper country... This is for Seligman's temps and todays rain.

post-8768-0-52289800-1441582618_thumb.jpg

post-8768-0-49668500-1441582721_thumb.jpg

Don't matter. Season is now and you hafta hunt the weather that your dealt. Don't worry about it. Go huntin'. Lark.

• Like 4

In 2 weeks the forecast is for Big Bulls .Some rag horns clouding the region and a possible downpour of a non Typical Bull. Bring rain gear................BOB!

• Like 5

First day out for me with my bugling equipment. Had 4 different bulls answering routinely between 9-11:00Am on a sunny day which I thought was an exceptional start. Real cool around Alpine so maybe an early rut? Always ask that question but very seldom ends up that way. We'll see.

Bullwinkle , Thats what I like about 1 and 27 . Generally a little cooler than 9 and 10. Prettier scenery too. Hope it cools down some in 10 by the early rifle hunt. As fore mentioned You gotta hunt when ya gotta hunt. Just rain big Bulls............BOB!

First day out for me with my bugling equipment. Had 4 different bulls answering routinely between 9-11:00Am on a sunny day which I thought was an exceptional start. Real cool around Alpine so maybe an early rut? Always ask that question but very seldom ends up that way. We'll see.

Must be nice. Unit 8 was crazy this weekend, people everywhere. Heard one bugle about 2am. Saw lots of bulls but not one bugle during daylight hours. But I wasn't calling either, just looking. Cool this weekend but supposed to warm up this week. This is an early start to the season also. I don't expect things to really get going good until the second week. But that seems to be the way it is most of the time anyway. Thursday morning I'll be back up there for my dad's hunt. Good luck guys.

Edit- As the OP stated, I checked the weather forecast AGAIN. Apparently they changed it over the weekend. Supposed to be warm the first two days and then cool down into the low to mid 70's. That is much better than what I saw when I left Friday. 84 degrees in Williams for the opener, not liking that much though.

• Like 1

Had at least 10 different bulls bugling this morning but they shut down by 8:00 AM as it was sunny and warm. Was 46 degrees though when I left the cabin. Walked up on two bulls trashing trees. Great start for this season so far.

• Like 1