Sign in to follow this  
257wby

Stoneman Lake Road

Has anyone been on Stoneman Lake Rd lately? It seems like it would be a nice shortcut to my camping spot in 5b south, but last time I was on it was along time ago and it was so rough. I'd rather not rattle every bolt outta my truck if I don't have to. Thanks.

Mike

I am sure it has not changed. I do not think i have ever seen a scraper on it. I will not run it with my camp trailer hooked up as evry cabnet and the fridge will be open by the time i get across it. That is why i am glad it is faster for me to come from payson. (east valley).

Just cut across 260 and head north to your area. I take this route all of the time and it is much faster than Stoneman rd. David

I was on it last friday and its not to bad. The stretch of pavement from the I-17 to the dirt is still bumpy but if you go slow enough its fine. As for the dirt portion there is a little wash board but nothing major. And I'm the opposite of azhuntnut, I think its faster to 5bs going this way but either way will get you there.---Manny

I drive it every other week and I hate it!! Once you hit the dirt going north where it makes that first bend to the right, HOLY BAWLS does that suck!!! That corner will rattle your teeth out! If you're not pulling a trailer I'd definitely cut across there but it would shorten the life of a trailer for sure if you abuse it on that sum-bitch.

I drove the road from I-17 to the Mormon Lk Hwy this morning and it wasn't to bad after all. A couple bad spots but not to bad actually. Anywho, thats for anyone that still cares.