kazpilot25

Anybody use a Thermacell for bugs?

After reading about the chiggers and getting eaten alive by mosquitos a couple weeks ago while camping in 6A, I started looking into the thermacell units you can attach to your belt or pack. Has anybody used one of these? I'm curious if they work. All the reviews I've read seem to be very good, but I'd like a first hand experience from someone here if possible.

they work good in a blind for flying insects... skeeters and gnats not so much for spiders, 1 or 2 always gets in with me and I hate spiders.

you'll just be sitting there and look over out the mesh window and we are like eye to eyes. haha!

I always take mine.

James

I have and use both the hand held as well as the lantern and swear by them for mosquitoes and gnats. Keep in mind your elevation though as they don't work very good above 6,500'.

I loaned mine to a friend this last weekend sitting a blind and he swears by them now.

They work great use to take mine with me everywhere fishing or hunting , but have to replace it after leaving it hanging on the rail in boulder canyon at canyon lake ... make sure you have fresh pads and fuel !

One of the truly great inventions of all time. I hate mosquitos and my arms legs often look like Walmart's hamburger after some time in the woods. They do not work with wasps or other insects, but mosquitos stay away.

• Like 1

I used the belt pack fishing in LA and east TX. Can't be a worst place on earth for Skeeter's. Wort great, no bug bites.

After reading about the chiggers and getting eaten alive by mosquitos a couple weeks ago while camping in 6A, I started looking into the thermacell units you can attach to your belt or pack. Has anybody used one of these? I'm curious if they work. All the reviews I've read seem to be very good, but I'd like a first hand experience from someone here if possible.

if chiggers are tearing you up then deet up and hunt the wind. tuck your pants into your socks... I can't cause mine usually aren't long enough... Haha

the chiggers like the tenderonie parts of your skin... skin that touches skin (arm pits) backs of the legs and seem to get where the clothes are tight; ie; waist band, sock line.... nut sack. they can reach your waist in like 15 minutes. I read sulphur powder works but that crap reeks! if you are sitting you need to re apply every couple hours.

James

• Like 2

Great for glassing hook it to tripod. and in camp and in blind. They work great for mosquitos not as good on the chiggers. imo. I dont go anywhere without it.

Last year I bought the Off Clipon, didn't want to spend the money on Thermecell. Don't do it, I actually think it attracts mosquitoes. I've heard good reports on Thermecell, that will definitely be my next purchase.

They work great-- early whitetail season and the turkey season here in KY it is a MUST. Won't help with the chiggers though... I would also suggest that you give Sawyers a shot. Layout your hunting clothes, spray them down and let them dry a day before you hunt. That stuff is good for about 3-4 washes. Just don't spray it while wearing those clothes or on exposed skin, permitherin is a nasty liquid.

Been using one for quite some years now and they work great for the mosquitos and others flying pests. Great for August glassing!