is anyone else as sick of the sportsmens outhouse as i am? in my estimation they've never been more than marginal. but now i am ticked off. i bought 2 gun safes there awhile back. 2 of em. spent money with lotsa zeros on it. took one home that day and went back the next for the other one. the stupid female i was dealing with (not the same guy i bought them from the day before) actually accused me of trying to steal a gunsafe. used the word steal and everything. so i tactfully went off like an A-bomb over hiroshima and this guy with her fixed it up and i took the other one home. i was getting really sick of them never having any bullets i needed and they were always out of popular powder. always seemed to have a lot of stuff that nobody uses. and i was really getting tired of the retards that work there. guys in optics that didn't know anything about glass or tripods or grips or anything. guys selling guns that you could tell didn't know much about things. just junk like this. just a bunch real dumb folks it seemed. they broke this camel's back today. my kids bought me a smoker for fahter's day. bought a bunch of salmon last nght to smoke for my dad's birthday. got it all soakin' in the marinade. opened up the smoker and the thermostat was busted. boxed it up and butned a buncha $3 a gallon gas and took it back. no refund. they didn't have one in stock. and wouldn't give me anything back because they said i didn't buy it. said i could drive to goodyear and exchange it there. again $3 a gallon gas. i drove to cabela's and bought the same one. when my daughter gets back she can get her money back. and me and my bunch won't be spending anymore of the probably 10k a year or so we have been wasting with these jokers. i mean it, we spent a lot of money there. no more. my youngest son just spent over $2300 on a senders, rings and bases and a zeiss scope. i hope somebody on this site works for this classless outfit so they can at least know how i feel about them. i couldn't see the manager because he was on vacation and i couldn't see whoever was in charge because "it wouldn't do any good". i guess these idiots don't realize that cabela's and bass pro just opened up here and their prices are better and they have a slightly better inventory. anyway, as for me, i'll set foot in a sportsmen warehouse again. sincerely, Lark.

Which Sportsmans Warehouse was this at? I work at the Mesa store now and I might be able to figure out who you were dealing with and try to figure something out. Also I was able to meet one of your sons the other day. Real nice guy who spoke very highly of you. Swing by sometime and meet me in the archery department.

I would like to know which store also so I don't have to burn up them $3.00 a gallon gas bills. Does the Sportsman Outhouse really have stupid women, retards that are worthless, guys in optics and guns knowing nothing, employees a bunch of jokers and idiots that work for a classless outfit? When I first read your comments about your feelings towards them I thought it was funny, especially the part where you called them the Sportsman Outhouse. Then the part that got to me was you hoping someone on this site worked there so they would know just how you really feel about them. I know a few who work for the Mesa store and would hate to think you would be taking a bad day out on those employees, especially those fellow hunters who are members here on CWT.com. We have a few bad apples in our hunting sport so that doesn't mean we're all in that group. I hope it was just a bad day and tomorrow will bring you a new outlook on life. It must be the heat Lark. The Salt River this time of year would really be an excellent place to cool off. :lol: :lol: :lol:

TJ

What is up with them having "no e commerce solution at this time" how in the world can they compete with cabelas with no online sales, you click on hunting on the web site and oh wow, a picture of the hunting dept. Give me a break!!! AG

Which Sportsmans Warehouse was this at? I work at the Mesa store now and I might be able to figure out who you were dealing with and try to figure something out. Also I was able to meet one of your sons the other day. Real nice guy who spoke very highly of you. Swing by sometime and meet me in the archery department.

I sort of had similar feelings at SW but not to the extent Lark did.

It sounds like the only optics department you guys meet at will be in Cabela's. :rolleyes:

I work there and am proud of it :P...come in and ill show you the best optics there are i.e bushnell, tascos, simmons, alpen. Ill tell you why they are so good. Seems to me that bass pro and cabelas did not have anyone knowledgable either....even on gps's no one could answer my question correctly...well that sucks Lark that you had that experience. Alls I can say is it wasnt me ;)...I'd be very surprised if it was the mesa store....because christian and I work there :lol:

I could be wrong but I have been to Cabelas several times and the 'Outhouse' a whole lot and it seems to me Sportsman's has slightly better prices on guns.

SW is cheaper in a lot of things compared to bass pro...I could point out lots of things....I dont know about cabelas I have only been there once

I recently bought a trail cam at SW & then found the same one at Cabelas for $20 less. Returned it to SW & got my money back, no questions asked. I've also had to exchange items once or twice before & always been right in & out. They've been very easy for me to deal with so far.

Lark, read your last staement. I'll step foot in SW again. You drinking???

Dan

I like the Sportsman Warehouse--i have always had a good experience with all of the people there. Sure, these people are not guru's in what they do but they certainly are not all the names that Lark called them. I have had some bad experiences with places and i usually have given them the chance to fix the problem--which they always did.

Here is the best part about the SW--they have donated thousands of dollars to groups in this state for the betterment of wildlife and conservation, they are a class act and they have always outdone Cabela's and so far Bass Pro Shop. Don't get me wrong the folks at Cabela's are super folks too and they have helped the groups but SW has outdone them by a long shot--Bass Pro Shop has not been in the mix yet but i doubt they will compare to SW.

Too bad about the poor service and the bad situation Lark, i know how it is to be frustrated with stores. My suggestion is to contact Bruce Gibson at the Phoenix store and let him know about the problem--he will take care of you.

The Tucson store has given me excellent service. It usually depends on the individual you deal with. There are several guys in the gun department that are very knowledgeable, and a couple of them I WILL NOT DEAL WITH. After talking with one of the knowldgable ones, he demonstrated to me how a Glock can fire out of battery, and after that, I had no desires to own one. Cabelas and bass Pro are nice stores but you will pay a lot more to cover the fancy showroom touroust atraction. Bass pro did have a heck of an excellent selection of fishing poles, but I thought there over priced gun department was marginal.

The Tucson store has given me excellent service. It usually depends on the individual you deal with. There are several guys in the gun department that are very knowledgeable, and a couple of them I WILL NOT DEAL WITH. After talking with one of the knowldgable ones, he demonstrated to me how a Glock can fire out of battery, and after that, I had no desires to own one. Cabelas and bass Pro are nice stores but you will pay a lot more to cover the fancy showroom touroust atraction. Bass pro did have a heck of an excellent selection of fishing poles, but I thought there over priced gun department was marginal.

What does "fire out of battery " Mean exactly?

Ron

It means the bolt was not fully closed and locked when it fired. He told me it happened twice on his and it blew the magazine out. You need to keep them well cleaned. He demonstrated this to me on a Glock he pulled off the wall and opened the bolt, and then gently closed it. He didn't close it far enough to where the bolt was all the way closed and locked, and then he pulled the trigger "click". This should never happen on any firearm.

Merriam Webster definition: the position of readiness of a gun for firing