Non-Typical Solutions

Face cover?

Not that experienced myself, but a much more experienced hunter taught me to use face paint...his reasoning was it wasn't as hot as a facenet or mask, nothing to snag, and didn't have to put it on for a stalk. I have to reapply periodically due to sweat and wiping it off.

Saw a post recently about Carbomask...clay-based, made with activated charcoal. Seems interesting and maybe less messy than the paint.

I use the cheap natural gear camo mesh face mask you can buy at Walmart or sportsmanship warehouse. It breathes but more importantly keeps the Mosquitos away especially when stalking. Nothing worse than a bug flying around your face when your getting ready to launch an arrow

• Like 1

Paint, mud, or charcoal whatever is available. I also wear a very lightweight gator around my neck that I can pull up if i want but it covers my neck.

And a leafy suit top. Hood is always on.

Wine corks are light and free. Burn the end and apply as needed. Cleans right up with a damp towel.

and you get to drink the wine....WIN WIN

And/or the wife drinks the wine.... WIN WIN WIN

• Like 3

Face paint, and don't forget the neck and ears! I forgot to reapply once and used the charcoal off a burnt stick from a burn we were hunting. Worked like a charm!

In recent years I never hunt with anything on my face.. Elk do not see very well comparatively. Worry more about wind.. I killed a bull at 5 yards and I've had cow elk step on me and have never been busted because of lack of face paint or mask..

• Like 1

I don't use anything. Never had a time that I thought I needed it.

Brian

Brian

Not even in the duck blind?!? I know you shoot some ducks..

Brian

Not even in the duck blind?!? I know you shoot some ducks..

Hunted ducks one year about 15 years ago. Never done it since. My dad and my brother grew up doing a lot of it but I never got into it.

Brian

• Like 1

It seems like on most of the youtube hunts I see they don't do anything for their face. I had planned to do a face net last year, but things happened fast when my bull started coming in and I went without. My elks life was over pretty quickly after that.

I find the biggest pile of fresh elk crap, roll in for a while to help with wind. My friends at camp don't like me but elk never seem to mind me.

• Like 3

Face paint. Face masks are a pain in the @$$ after a while.

• Like 1