5guyshunting

31 days till its open "naturebob"

Come on BOB.......we are still waiting!

Your going yo be banned from CW if we don't get pics and story sooooooon.....

;)

Ok, Lark hit it on the head. When I saw this Elk and My Mentor said shooter ,Kill him,I went into another zone. Ranged him at 406 and let it rip. All along Sir Royal was saying wait, he's got small fronts, but I never heard him. I was in a zone of my own. Whack, one shot had him staggering but I put one more in him to make sure. 300 win mag is nasty. Elk didn't stand a chance. And I only had it on 4 power as we were chasing him in the junipers at daybreak. That is the end of the hunt on the 4th morning. Had a Great time, even tho the bulls were staying in junipers till dark, and going back in in the morning early. They quit bugling at day break too. They knew never nervous Bob was in the woods. Opening hour of the hunt we passed a 350+ bull. A few 370 type bull were seen but at long distance glassing. Sat on a tank one nite where a 380 was seen the nite before and only a 320 and a raghorn came in. A Buddy glassing on top of the hill behind us said a herd with 2 good bulls was coming to the tank up a valley but were still half mile away at dark. Thats what they were doing. Coming in late. We played with 8-10 bulls in the thick junipers at ranges of 25 to 50 yards and could not get them to peek out and say HI!. I am very happy with this Bull and had a great trip home. Got to see some family in the valley too. Can't to move back. Set next year as the goal. Gotta sell a dang Mobile home I bought here and nothing is selling now with low oil prices. You Guys don't realize how Beautifull AZ. is until You been gone for awhile. A big thanks to Sir Royal and his Cousin for helpin Me out. At 59 I had some trouble keeping up at times. Can't wait for next tag. It won't be 19 years tho this time. I will post some more pics later. just got home from an all niter at work. still catching up on sleep. Thanks for the patience and the interest on this post................BOB!

post-4458-0-71641500-1444150452_thumb.jpg

post-4458-0-62369300-1444150462_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

Great bull! Good mass, good back end. And you had a blast. Sounds like a very successful hunt to me.

Wow look at those beams,,60"??? Anyway congrats on a stud bull, way to get it done!