Non-Typical Solutions

Toyota Tundra

Not in any rush but starting to look at trucks to replace the old Ford. Have not looked at trucks for close to 30 years now and feel lost.

I like the Tundra trucks and have read some of your reviews on other threads.

Is this a good deal for a truck like this???

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/5166776148.html

• Like 1

Great Trucks and that is a pretty solid deal for the miles ... I would run a carfax ( sellers will usually pay cost ) it will tell you all you need to know on that truck ... With those miles majority of the service will have been done with dealer. From what I see with the upgrades done and if all checks out good that is a very fair price

Is it not a 4x4? I think you could definitely do better. Great looking truck though........

What are you guys with Tundras getting in gas mileage? I've been looking at getting a new truck and I like the Toyota motor better than the GM, Ford, and Dodges but trying to decide if the poor MPG is worth the stronger motor.

I have pretty much that same truck but without the gay 20's and I'm getting right at 12mpg. No cold air intake or dual exhaust. As long as it has a clean carfax that is a pretty good deal. Never thought I would buy a tundra but it is a heck of a truck. Mileage does sucks though.

• Like 1

I would think it is a pretty good deal, BUT you will have more maintenance issues with the 6" lift. I have a leveling kit on mine and sure it doesnt' look as nice as lifted truck with giant tires, but it sure does better in the woods. I had to replace one front shock and that has been it. I have 140k miles on my 2010. If I baby it I get 16, usually between 15-15.5mpg.

Best truck I have ever owned and I think I've had most. I have a 6" lift and run 35s so my mileage sucks 12-13, leveled with 33s it was 15-16 and stock was 17-18. I didnt buy the truck for mileage, besides pm stuff very little repair cost, and what repairs I have had was self induced unlike every other truck I have had. My next truck will be a tundra.

• Like 1

I was looking for a newer truck for a long time, i thought used was more affordable... then I priced the new Tundras so I got a new 2015 crewmax, the new Tundras are priced close enough to used ... took advantage of great incentives from Toyota. I really like the truck, put a 6 inch lift with new tires and rims.

It will pull my 26ft camp trailer with no problem...towing 10 MPG, non-towing around 13-14 depending how I stomp on it.

I also have a Chevy Silverado 2001 that I am keeping for the hills...the Toyota will be a payment queen for a few years.

After looking at the DOW today... wonder if the market is going to crash again.