Sign in to follow this  
#1huntinfool

Successful Archery Tips?

Most important archery tip? Make sure you and your archery equipment are ready! All the previous input is excellent. But if you can't execute the kill when in position you can't achieve your goal. Trust me......I have made every mistake in the archery bull manual, but still managed to harvest numerous P&Y Bulls

lol! I am doing that! I'm consistantly practising at 90 yrds, hiking and ect

That's great if you are Robin Hood and can shoot long distance but I have never shot at a bull over 50 yards.....or even thought of attempting it (except once with a monster unsuccessfully).. Very seldom necessary with proper tactics but lots can go wrong at scud distances!

I agree totaly, but I practice at those distances to ensure I can make the shot at 60 or 70 yards.

but if I did see a 360 bull at 90 yrds.... lol, if I was to ever take that shot I would make sure conditions was perfect (no wind, elk was not moving, wasnt looking at me ect,) I look at it as if I was shooting with a rifle at 1000 yards. (yes i am very well set up for it, I have shoot a couse at 720, yrds and another at 830 yrds,) i would take the shot, but only under certain conditions. Lol not to start a discusion about ethical shots!