trphyhntr

How much $$$ to find one?

Nope. That guy had a guides license. I know him quite well lol

Did he also have his forest permit?

Outfitter retains the appropriate FS permits, not the individual guide. I know, if you call down to the G&F and pick the wrong person on the "right" day, they'll probably tell you otherwise. What's even worse than that is trying to get a straight answer from FS.

like if I glass up that auction tag buck or bull, get some great video of it. how much can I sell it for a finders fee? gotta be at least $5k right?

I have no idea. I guess it depends on how much someone wants to pay for it. Here are some of my experiences and personal opinions so this is from NM so take it for what it is worth. I have read this and think everybody should have their opinion but I personally will not say they are wrong.

I hunt but am not a "trophy" hunter, first legal animal I am going to take. Sometimes it is a small forkie and sometimes it is " the bull of the woods". I will not pay to hunt a private ranch here if I don't get a draw tag. I hunt as a vacation to get away from the city lights, phone, tv, etc. and hear the wind through the trees and the smells and sights of the forest. I hunt solo now but I enjoy the companionship of others during hunting season. I hunt to recharge my batteries and get back to my personal spiritual place. To me the killing of an animal is not the hunt, rather it is part of the hunt.

Two years ago I contacted San Francisco River Outfitters out of Glenwood, NM. I did not have the money to pay for a full guided hunt and offered to pay $100 for some starting points. The unit was not one they regularly guide in so they gave me starting points and refused any sort of payment. I had a great hunt. I know of others that have giant bulls on camera and are taking first time hunters after them for no charge. I know of others that just want the private land tags for the $$$ that come from them.

So each individual needs to look deep into themselves and decide what they want from a hunt and what they are willing to pay. I would love to hunt Moose and Caribou in Alaska, and one day I will achieve that goal.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things i have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

• Like 1

I'm curious what you have heard about all this? You seem very confident that he was in the wrong. I can assure you he didn't get in trouble for anything. if the outfitter was questioned in some way I have no clue but the guide did not.

like if I glass up that auction tag buck or bull, get some great video of it. how much can I sell it for a finders fee? gotta be at least $5k right?

I have no idea. I guess it depends on how much someone wants to pay for it. Here are some of my experiences and personal opinions so this is from NM so take it for what it is worth. I have read this and think everybody should have their opinion but I personally will not say they are wrong.

I hunt but am not a "trophy" hunter, first legal animal I am going to take. Sometimes it is a small forkie and sometimes it is " the bull of the woods". I will not pay to hunt a private ranch here if I don't get a draw tag. I hunt as a vacation to get away from the city lights, phone, tv, etc. and hear the wind through the trees and the smells and sights of the forest. I hunt solo now but I enjoy the companionship of others during hunting season. I hunt to recharge my batteries and get back to my personal spiritual place. To me the killing of an animal is not the hunt, rather it is part of the hunt.

Two years ago I contacted San Francisco River Outfitters out of Glenwood, NM. I did not have the money to pay for a full guided hunt and offered to pay $100 for some starting points. The unit was not one they regularly guide in so they gave me starting points and refused any sort of payment. I had a great hunt. I know of others that have giant bulls on camera and are taking first time hunters after them for no charge. I know of others that just want the private land tags for the $$$ that come from them.

So each individual needs to look deep into themselves and decide what they want from a hunt and what they are willing to pay. I would love to hunt Moose and Caribou in Alaska, and one day I will achieve that goal.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things i have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

You have to have an IQ over 50 to understand what I said. Hence the reason for your quote from a movie. Books is where you learn not movies. Maybe I should have put pictures in my quote for you to understand.

• Like 1

You have to have an IQ over 50 to understand what I said. Hence the reason for your quote from a movie. Books is where you learn not movies. Maybe I should have put pictures in my quote for you to understand.

His question:

how much can I sell it for a finders fee? gotta be at least $5k right?

Your answer:

You're literally Billy Madison

I'm curious what you have heard about all this? You seem very confident that he was in the wrong. I can assure you he didn't get in trouble for anything. if the outfitter was questioned in some way I have no clue but the guide did not.

Not at all. I actually do not have any problem with this at all. Good for him! It is all simply economics. Free enterprise. Supply and demand. After u said he had his guide license than I remembered I had heard it was the FS that was going after him. Glad he didn't get in trouble because I thought it was ridiculous that the gov was ticked that someone was making a dime off from a resource on "their land" when actually it is OUR land.

Guest oneshot

Not at all. I actually do not have any problem with this at all. Good for him! It is all simply economics. Free enterprise. Supply and demand. After u said he had his guide license than I remembered I had heard it was the FS that was going after him. Glad he didn't get in trouble because I thought it was ridiculous that the gov was ticked that someone was making a dime off from a resource on "their land" when actually it is OUR land.

From AZG&F officer at Tucson while picking-up their guide licence package..." If you are making money from AZ wildlife, We will be watching you closely, including seaching your home anytime we want"...

From FS personel when told about getting land use permit for *&^%$(^&... " Hunting??? We have run all the outfitters out of here"...

These responses were made to me while getting the Guiding paperwork together, and in light of the "warm" welcome, I do what I do now...

If I gad a big tag and cash in hand Coues 'n' Sheep

Is who I would want on my team.. :) is he everyones cup of tea? Probably not but he does live it and does have a certain balance. Gino once helped me haul a forkie mulie off a mtn and I remember his smile as he said he has never seen someone smile so big over a fork horn carp. :)

He also called me a Nancy another time and has called me a idiot for chasing wounded deer when I should be waiting. :] but who do I txt blood trail pics to?? Yep still Gino a man whos expertise I highly respect. Someday I will learn to wait after the shot.

I do not agree with all the methods used by all guides but I also dont believe they should all be looked at as the same. If I were a business man with $ and not much time and had passion for hunting...

WE DONT ALL HAVE TO SEE EYE TO EYE

• Like 1