Sign in to follow this  
CRAZYBUCK

Fight for the flag

Not sure if it has been posted or not I know a lot of people on this site spend time in young as do I we need to call our new forrest service manager and tell her what we think

http://www.mypleasantvalleycc.com/the-feeding-trough-blog/a-fight-for-the-flag

Is it being taken down and only being flown from Dawn to Dusk ? Or is it lit through the night ... Coming from a military family there are ways to fly the american flag that are considered disrespectful and technically flying the American Flag 24 unlit at night is one of them ... I am all for displaying the American Flag, and will give the first donation to secure the legal permits and build a way to display it properly 24hours lit at night, but if not done proper sorry I would not be in support ... I am sure there will be a lot of ignorant people who do not know there is even a Flag Code associated with the proper way and times to display the Flag ....

http://www.usflag.org/uscode36.html

• Like 1

Is it being taken down and only being flown from Dusk til Dawn ? Or is it lit through the night ... Coming from a military family there are ways to fly the american flag that are considered disrespectful and technically flying the American Flag 24 unlit at night is one of them ... I am all for displaying the American Flag, and will give the first donation to secure the legal permits and build a way to display it properly 24hours lit at night, but if not done proper sorry I would not be in support ... I am sure there will be a lot of ignorant people who do not know there is even a Flag Code associated with the proper way and times to display the Flag ....

Almost every post you make, you are calling people ignorant. You are definately the smartest guy you know.

Is it being taken down and only being flown from Dusk til Dawn ? Or is it lit through the night ... Coming from a military family there are ways to fly the american flag that are considered disrespectful and technically flying the American Flag 24 unlit at night is one of them ... I am all for displaying the American Flag, and will give the first donation to secure the legal permits and build a way to display it properly 24hours lit at night, but if not done proper sorry I would not be in support ... I am sure there will be a lot of ignorant people who do not know there is even a Flag Code associated with the proper way and times to display the Flag ....

Almost every post you make, you are calling people ignorant. You are definately the smartest guy you know.

Nope... But I can be one of the biggest Arse Holes I know .... ;)

You said a mouth full .

Nope... But I can be one of the biggest Arse Holes I know .... ;)

he has a point this time imo. im not from the military and im not sure how staunch people are about the flag policies though

All i am saying is that it's nice to see that there is still some people who love this country even though is going to crap

• Like 4

Oops! Dyslexia set in. I think if you only flew it from Dusk til Dawn it would have to be lit.

Oops! Dyslexia set in. I think if you only flew it from Dusk til Dawn it would have to be lit.

LOL... Yeah Dawn to Dusk ... not the movie with Vamps

Someone needs to run an extension cord, or the flags on the moon need to go!

Well, technically, those flags up there are no longer sporting the red, white and blue. The intense, unfiltered UV rays have rendered them all white. Even with an atmosphere, we've all seen what the sun's UV does to items down here on earth.

So, no light is needed to continue the proper flag protocol up there.

Anyways, just some random musings. :)

• Like 1

I am a veteran and from a military family. I am very fond of the American Flag and I love my country. I also think their are all kinds of tyrants in the world and some of them drape themselves in the American flag. I also think a lot of the absolutely ridiculous protocol in regards to the flag that contradicts the idea of FREEDOM. So I'll do what I do and if you do not like it try to stop me or sue me. Give me a break. Remember the "Rockets red glare gave proof through the night that our flag was still there."

• Like 2

All the rules regarding flag flight is Ludacris IMO. Lights, brass ball, take down, put up. What about just flying a flag at your house, and being proud to do so. I am pretty sure that most flags in my neighborhood are not in compliance, but I still enjoy seeing them.

This world has become to soft, and peoples feelings get hurt too easily.