Sign in to follow this  
AZ RANGER

Lake Pleasant or bartlett camping?

I am thinking about taking a quick trip to take my son camping and fishing this evening. I have never been to Pleasant or Bartlett. We will be coming from Tucson area and probably not get there until after dark. I would really like to camp along the shore somewhere if that is possible at either lake. Any pointers on where to go and how to access either lake. Not bringing a boat, just a kayak and a float tube. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Scott

Bartlett has a couple of pretty nice "beaches" to camp on, on the river end

I've been to Apache. I really like it too, but want to try something different.

Are the roads around to the north side of Bartlett decent? I'll be in my truck (2500hd) but don't want to bounce around too much of its bad.

I've been to Apache. I really like it too, but want to try something different.

Are the roads around to the north side of Bartlett decent? I'll be in my truck (2500hd) but don't want to bounce around too much of its bad.

yes. The roads are good. Follow the signs to the flats.
  • Like 1

A little illustration to support oz31p's comment. It's paved until after the parking lot, the beach is long and the sand mostly compact.

post-3844-0-43235900-1438638958_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Bartlett was awesome! The camping was exactly what I was looking for. Long drive from my house but we had a blast. Fishing was not great but my boy caught a ton of blue gill and green sunfish.

Thanks again for the help.

• Like 2

Glad to know You can still have a good tie there. Many good times in the 70's and 80's. Good to see another generation can enjoy it, all be it not to the same extent I'm sure...............BOB!