PatrickJr

Summertime calling

When my father and I went up north around the Fourth of July, I was able to do a couple sets and on my second/last set I was successful in harvesting this coyote. First coyote with my Mossberg MVP, first time shooting off our new Easton shooting stocks as well. Never killed anything in Nikes either! Haha

post-12189-0-28559400-1438552874_thumb.jpg

I had lots of trouble getting anything(coyotes) to come in around Tucson. Yesterday, August 1st, I got my buddy Reyes to come out. We did a couple sets on the flats looking for coyotes, but it got too hot and we decided to get to higher elevations and possibly call in a fox. On the second stand, I missed a fox with the MVP. Reyes wanted to do one more stand. I had him pick out a wash he liked, he picked a shady one. "If I were a fox, this is where I would want to be" is what he said. I told him when we sat down that this stand was "all him" because everything was within range for the shotgun. ~2 minutes in, I heard a branch break up on the hill to our right, I knew that was a sign. Not 10 seconds later, I see a fox go across that same hill. I told Reyes to get ready and that they are coming. The fox circled UPWIND and stopped. Reyes could see the fox on the other side of the Foxpro. I had my phone on my lap ready to record. I put it up and the fox started running in. I kept telling him to wait, as soon as the fox got to 30 yard I said, shoot him. He did. Reyes' 2nd grey fox.

post-12189-0-47658000-1438553750_thumb.jpg

post-12189-0-68091100-1438553781_thumb.jpg

Our summer is over and now we must go back to school. My family has 3 deer tags, and many friends do as well. It should be a busy fall. Good luck to all.

• Like 2

You'd better check your AZ G&F regulations on when you can hunt gray foxes in Arizona.

He clearly states yesterday, August 1st, check the regs yourself. Lol

Good job, Patrick.

• Like 2