Sign in to follow this  
khmer6

Anyone seen this bull? 436" velvet

"Congrats to Philip B on his 2015 AZ Bull. Philip trusted A3 with his tag and after a lot of patience hammered this 436" 6pt. Congratulations Philip and the A3 team! The pics and video of the hunt and scouting are second to none. Stay tuned!"

Where was this sleeper?

post-11699-0-22919700-1437599800_thumb.jpg

post-11699-0-75876100-1437599805_thumb.jpg

Pretty awesome bull and still could have had a few more weeks of growth! Huge congratulations to the hunter and everyone involved. Curious to know why the hunter didn't wait a few more weeks. Maybe wanted it at it's velvet peak?

• Like 1

I'm guessing it's close to a border and had to kill it when it was on the right side of the fence. Doesn't matter anyway that is an awesome bull.

• Like 2

Must have been the Governor's Tag. What did that bull cost? $400K

Good Luck to all those who put in for the 2015 AZ super raffle. Draw is tomorrow

• Like 1

I would think most of the big guys are done growing or have minimal growth left. the younger ones prolly will grow a few more weeks. Probably already had the hunt booked/planned already as well. either way, insane bull. in a couple of weeks this guy would of disappeared into the timber to never been seen again until spring. nearly had to clean my briches

• Like 5

Must have been the Governor's Tag. What did that bull cost? $400K

Good Luck to all those who put in for the 2015 AZ super raffle. Draw is tomorrow

yes it was a gov tag. and im crossing my fingers and lighting candles, hopping around on one foot touching my nose for that draw tomorrow! cmon 6pm!

• Like 1

I would think most of the big guys are done growing or have minimal growth left. the younger ones prolly will grow a few more weeks. Probably already had the hunt booked/planned already as well. either way, insane bull. in a couple of weeks this guy would of disappeared into the timber to never been seen again until spring. nearly had to clean my briches

Were you on the hunt?

Disappear, you crazy..... he would be chasing cows with a nose up a butt or two! Big bulls do not flip the hormonal switch OFF during the rut.

• Like 1

Were you on the hunt?

no

If I'm not mistaken this was the 2014 auction tag holder so he only had until aug 15. I woulda been getting a little nervous and wouldn't want to take it much further down to the wire. This bull may have added a 1/2" to length but woulda probably lost it in mass as the horns dry down so I'm sure it's a horse apiece. I'm thinkin I woulda went ahead and shot him!!! What an awesome bull! Congrats to the A3 crew and the hunter on this one!! Maybe I'll pull the raffle tag this year and that'll be me next summer!!

• Like 2

Nothing against the hunter or the guide....but does it not seem right that such a magnificent animal comes to its end to the $$$$? Meh, I must just be a jealous hater. FLAME ON

• Like 5