PRDATR

Anyone running the new NITTO Terra Grappler G2's

I have been using the AT's for a few sets now and I was going to replace two of them before hunting season. I was at Discount yesterday and had them swap the two front because I had a slight pull to one side.

Well it followed the tire so I will probably replace them pretty soon as I don't trust the one tire. The new G2 has been re-engineered and while it is about $25 more per tire I think it is what I am going to do.

I have run five different tires on this truck and have settled on the Nitto's getting almost 60K on a set. Just wish they weren't so darn expensive at over $300 a tire not including mount, balance, tax etc.

the person who had my truck before me decied to put 18" wheels on it. They look nice and all, but tere are basically TWO sets of tires made for the size I had. Nitto MT's and the Terra Graplers. The first set I had, I got 56,000 from. But I rotated the CRAP out of them. Second set not so much unfortunately.

A pull to one side is an alignment issue not a tire issue. Tires do nothing except roll and wear the way the suspension/alignment is set up.

More D

• Like 1

I have the Terra grappler G2 on my new f150. Like Casey said, nitto offers the most sizes on an 18-inch rim. Seem great so far but I only have about 4k miles on them.

Nitto's are great tires, if you are looking for any other options, The goodyear Duratracs have been great to me and 5-10 buddies so far.

I have a set of Toyo Open Country AT'S I have liked so far on my Dodge 2500.

• Like 1

actually a tire can cause a vehicle to pull, its called a radial pull. the belt package inside can sometimes start to slide to one side causing it to want to pull one way or the other. if the pull followed a specific tire that is probably the problem. PRDATR come see me again when your ready and i can hook you up. i like the nitto g2's, but i do favor toyo over nitto, toyo makes nitto but toyo is a little harder rubber, last a little longer. but like averagejoe said the new KO2's are sweet, only heard good things about them so far but they are somewhat new on the market.

Can't go wrong with a Nitto, but I agree with what was said above about Toyo being better. That being said, I take the Goodyear Duratrac over all other AT's. They are truly awesome in the snow and mud on a full size truck.

Heads up...the Duratracs are good in the snow and mud, I'll give you that. But throw in some rocks and they are incredibly weak tires. Lost three of them (C rated) on one elk hunt in U10. I have never had another tire fail in the rocks, but these were horrid. Lost one to a 3/8" wet stick that went through the sidewall, and the other two were lost to sidewall gashes. Not sure if the E rated Duratracs are any better. Have run those same roads and same type of terrain for years with BFG's, Bridgestone MT's, Firestone MT's, and my latest tire, the Goodyear MTR's Kevlar without a failure.

When I got them years ago, they were a new tire. I did not get a chance to check sidewall thickness before they went on. When they came off I sure did, and was surprised they lasted as long as they did.

Yeah, my hesitance when I bought them was that they are only a two ply sidewall. That definitely means they aren't quite as good in rocky areas. Probably would have avoided them back in my heavy off-roading days. Thankfully now my dad has two Rhino's that we use for that kind of stuff instead. I also plan to add a RZR in the near future. I agree that if you intend on hitting heavy rock types of trails they might not be a great idea. I'd go for the Wrangler MT/R w/ Kevlar. Either way I like the Goodyear's over others.

A buddy of mine is having issues with the Duratracs right now going out of round. He has had several replaced under warranty. E rated BFG AT's have done well for me in the past for long highway life but I know several guys who have mediocre results with tire life if you tow heavy often especially with a slide in camper or such.

I will probably put another set of Toyos AT'S on my Dodge when this set is done.

Harley

The new bfg ta KO2 are supposed to get closer to 60-70k. I have had them for 15k and tread depth is still same as new.