Sign in to follow this  
MT_Sourdough

anybody have exper. w/colored night time photos

I am curious about the Cuddeback that offers a cam with a white incandescent flash that takes a fully colored night time photo. I am curious if any of you all have had any experience with these types of cams. Do they scare game? How is the quality of the pics?

I have seen deer do small jumps at flash bulbs for full color night shots, where they don't seem to jump at the infrared night shots. You can see this on game camera night video footage of waterholes on the strip where there are multiple cameras in one spot flashing at different times in different ways and see how the deer react. Some cameras make more noise when they take the photo too that also plays a part in how the game reacts and if they look at the camera. Can actually be a good thing if they stop to look at what the clicking noise is, you can get more pics.

Cuddebacks with a flash take awesome night pictures. Some of the best quality pics you will see.

In my experience, I've seen animals get scared or get very curious about infrared cameras WAY MORE than I have with a flash camera. Sounds a little different then you might think but I've seen it a bunch.

My theory is that a flash is a real quick burst of light, similar to what the animals experience in every lightning storm already. It is something that they are used to or will get used to.

When they see that red glow for a few seconds of an infrared camera they see it and either bolt away, stare at it to figure it out or in the next pics get right up close to it or lick all over it trying to figure out.

No glow infrared cams help a lot and the animals rarely look at the camera meaning they likely don't know it's even there. The newer ones take good night pictures as well but obviously not color or as great of detail as a flash camera.

That's my 2 cents.

Cool, well as fate would have it, I just had a cam stolen. Now, I have a Cuddeback C3 on the way. I look forward to some high quality night pics.

Here is a little follow up. I like the night time color photo and so far, it seems to not bother the critters as much as one might guess.

Here is a rag horn bull, but the cuddeback is color photos are impressive.

185_zpscdilawsj.jpg

one thing to consider about using a camera with a real flash. i have been on hills glassing in low light and have seen flashes going off a long ways away. walk over to the area and low and behold, a game camera.

• Like 3

one thing to consider about using a camera with a real flash. i have been on hills glassing in low light and have seen flashes going off a long ways away. walk over to the area and low and behold, a game camera.

Good point. I think it is safe where it is at, but I will definitely consider that fact when I am putting the white flash cameras out.

I actually just received a Stealth G42C in the mail. So I will be able to compare the two white flash cameras.

From what I can tell so far, the biggest deterent to white flash cameras is the possible detection by other hunters.