Sign in to follow this  
goinhuntn

New rifle

Well after kicking it around for almost a year I finally pulled the trigger & bought a Savage 111 LRH in 300 win mag. I will be using it for elk as well as some long range bench shooting. I researched several 300 win mags & the Savage had what I was looking for. When I get it all set up with a scope & bipod will post some pics, This is a fathers day present to myself. Anyone have any input on my purchase?

A few years back Savage Arms was weasing away in bankruptcy court going down hard, Ron Colburn took over and turned the company around and between a Savage and a Tikka they were one of the best shooting out of the box rifles you could get. Now Savage is owned by ATK, which owns several shooting/outdoor company's. They have had two layoffs that I know about and with that I'm sure some very good employees hit the bricks, with that maybe some things aren't the way they were. I owned a 111 in a 6.5x284 that shot lights out and I currently own a .260 that shoots ok. Good luck to you Sir, hope your gun shoots great and hope you get your Elk!

I have a 111 in 7mmRem Mag and it shoots sub MOA with the right ammunition.