Sign in to follow this  
Hoss50

Camping Tent

I ordered a kodiak canvas last night. I said to heck with it, it's only money and I only want to buy a tent this one last time in my life. I plan to try it out a few times this summe and during scouting for my elk hunt. I might even use it on my elk hunt depending on the weather.

Thanks for the advice. I think I made the right choice for sure.

Harley

before you head out with it... set it up and wet it down with your hose let it dry completely so the holes from the stitching shrink up or you could have a leak.

directions will tell you this but I know how us guys are with directions.

when leaving camp if it is wet even a little come home and set it up to let it dry out before storing or you will have mold.

I thought this would be a drag but not too bad yet set up is pretty quick and the storage bag that came with mine makes it a snap!

good luck with a great buy... I love mine!

James

• Like 2

Just a first trip follow up. My family and went up to lynx lake for a 3 day. I bought the Kodiak Canvas 10x14 deluxe tent. My first time setting up the tent was in the field by myself and it wasn't hard at all. The hardest part is getting all the stakes in the hard ground.

The tent is heavy but it is built very well and is a great tent. The setup and take down process honestly is probably easier then my old Coleman tents. There aren't alot of poles, but they are stout. Takedown was simple and the storage wrap is way easier the. Trying to put my Coleman back in its bags.

This is a real deal tent and I highly recommend it. The only regret is not getting the version with the big end windows. They breeze doesn't get through the tent well on warm days like we have now. Other then that this tent is a 10 out of 10.

Thanks for the words of advice. This was the right choice.

Harley.

Just a first trip follow up. My family and went up to lynx lake for a 3 day. I bought the Kodiak Canvas 10x14 deluxe tent. My first time setting up the tent was in the field by myself and it wasn't hard at all. The hardest part is getting all the stakes in the hard ground.

The tent is heavy but it is built very well and is a great tent. The setup and take down process honestly is probably easier then my old Coleman tents. There aren't alot of poles, but they are stout. Takedown was simple and the storage wrap is way easier the. Trying to put my Coleman back in its bags.

This is a real deal tent and I highly recommend it. The only regret is not getting the version with the big end windows. They breeze doesn't get through the tent well on warm days like we have now. Other then that this tent is a 10 out of 10.

Thanks for the words of advice. This was the right choice.

Harley.

If weather is good and no wind I just use 6 stakes

I didn't use all the stakes either because the weather was good and the ground was hard. I did use about 10 stakes though.

The 3 year old had a blast. We went to the lake on Saturday and caught crawdads and the had a picnic. He was like a wild man all weekend and started crying this morning when we left that he wanted to go back camping. :) got 1 hooked. Now I just have to hook the 3 month old after awhile.

Harley

• Like 3

I took the wife to cabelas tonight. She gave the go ahead to buy a big are tent for much more then the original budget. She was in a 10x20 and liked it alot. We are thiking about a Eureka 15x12 and I really like the idea of the Kodiak flexbow but am not sure it is big enough. Does any place locally have one setup or sell them?

Bass pro had a Kodiak setup a couple weeks ago. I think it was the 10X14, real nice tent. I stayed in one on my elk hunt last yr and held up real nice in some nasty weather.

Whoops just saw you already purchased it.

I found that the spikes sold in stores like Home Depot that are used to hang rain gutters work pretty good for hard ground and don't bend much, if at all. Just put a fender washer on them.

I have the same tent and love it. You're going to be camping a lot more now that you have a nice tent.

• Like 1

order a 100 pack of good stakes off amazon or ebay for cheap and never worry about it again. i have a bag with stakes and a hammer that goes everywhere with me.....use for tent, tarps, canopies....