Sign in to follow this  
CouesHunterAZ

Best Mexican Food In Tucson

Guadalajara grill is great as long as they stop burning down. Love me some salsa made right in front of you. El Sur on 29th and swan is never busy and they have $1 margaritas! Took the wife and got 2 fajita platters, 3 margaritas, and churros for desert. Grand total was $17 and we had leftovers for the next day. Cant beat the price

i got El Sur for lunch one day since I work close, worst tacos I've ever had! Not sure about the fajitas or the rest of the menu

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^NOPE^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Guero and bk's used to be the best. Sonoran dogs have come a long way. There are carts with bacon wrapped peppers and chipilon style dogs where they bake the cheese right into the bread

I like both but the little stand on 36th that makes chipalone dogs is better than both!! Good thread, I seem to remember a hotdog thread on here not to long ago?

And lastly, poco and moms is great too! Best New Mexico style Mexican I've had in Tucson! Growing up close to the AZ NM border that place brings back green chili memories.

Poco and moms chile rellenos with green chili on them is killer!

• Like 1

$1 dollar for a Margarita! Gotta be recycled sewer water from Nogales........BOB!

Step over the border? ...

Im sorry.. Too far?

-Wy :P

Should be some good food there it is northern Mexico! Only diff.... No passpoort! Para espanol le prima e uno.

Anyone try El Minuto downtown?Bill Quimby

Yes sir. Very good.

Zula's in Nogales is my favorite place. Grew up there. It's worth the drive.

Jimmy.

Rosa's is the best mexican food I have ever had. Not just the best in tucson but the best I have ever had. They are located on the south west corner of campbell and fort Lowell.

if that's the place tucked in the corner with all the celebratie signed photos then I have to agree! Awesome food!
yep that's the place.

Back in the late 1980's, I built all the booth seating, table tops, waitress stations, etc..,for both Mi Nidito, and El Minuto. In 1999, Bill Clinton was in town, and decided Mi Nidito would be his lunch stop. I happened to be doing some work across the street at the time. They had 3 or 4 blocks closed off with police, swat team, Secret Service, helicopters. We stood out on the sidewalk, and watched the media circus as D- Bag Bill talked to his south side constituents, and went into Mi Nidito with his entourage for lunch.

I agree with the other ones, El Sur is my go to place. great prices never had a bad meal super nice staff, my favorite. they had a fajita lunch special for 4.99 most restaurants sell for 3x that

Not the best post to read when you are hungry haha!

my brother lives in the pueblo down there. Every time we go to visit we seem to wind up at Apson's taco shop (sorry, I could show you where but not tell you where, lol). (close to the I-19 &I 10 interchange) They have something like 12 different kinds of street tacos. The front runner is the Rizarrado (?) taco. They cook ribs, then shred the meat off the bone and make them into tacos. And they have Sonoran's too

Sit down places, the last time we went to visit we went to Mosaic's. Great salsa. my girlfriend liked the salsa so much that on the way out of town on the sunday we left, we stopped in and bought salsa to go (also an option. they sell it in the pint, 1/2 gallon or gallon size).

El Charro is another great hidden gem by downtown. I didn't get to partake in it, but heard of the glory. They have a "build your own taco" platter for the table of like 6 people. 4-5 different kinds of meat, and then fixings.

Sonoran dogs are amazing. We started at BK and Canelos but those are so run of the mill ordinary compared to the carts and little places around town. The daily star did a series on the best sonoran dogs out in Tucson. My brother ben and his buddies followed the articles and did their own research. ha ha.

and now im hungry, its only 9 am