Sign in to follow this  
naturebob

ELK SEASON SOON

Early rifle Bull is only 16 weeks from today. You archers are only 14 weeks. Gettin in shape, Gotta start shootin the gun. I have unit 10. My question is is it more calling or spot and stalk in that unit, or both. Can't wait ,never been there. Allways hunted east side of AZ. and central. I'M not worried as my helpers have every thing under control ,but just curious and what have some of You others experienced there.i hope to get down about 3-4 days before the season. Was hoping to be moved back down by then but My shoulder problems and slow down in the oil field has that plan screwed up. Like I said on here before , I have a pretty 330" on the wall and will be 59 Sept. 6th. May not ever get a great tag again. What would You setlle for,or what would be Your goal besides enjoying the time have fun and don;t get to caught up in score. Thanks for your opinions guys and Gals........BOB!

• Like 1

I have been seeing some really good antler growth up around Flagstaff!!! Going to be a great year

• Like 3

Sounds like you might be getting the little excited about this Bob? You are gonna have a great hunt with all the moisture we have been getting. GL

I am sitting here in North Dakota Half depressed that I'M not in AZ. Bear with Me guys its only 16 more weeks.....BOB!

• Like 1

As one that let worrying about score ruin my last hunt I would suggest you focus on the hunt and the rest will take care of itself. You have an awesome tag and sounds like a solid group doing your scouting. The only one that can worry about what you pull the trigger on is you. No one elses opionon should even bother you.

• Like 6

yeah, only 16 weeks. or 4 months, which is an entire quarter of a year. almost 2 years in dog years. 120 days. almost a semester. one complete season, like fall or winter. 4 full cycles of the moon. about as long as it takes to recover from knee replacement surgery. about equal to a DUI prison sentence. the time it takes to plant, grow and harvest a field of corn. yup, it's right around the corner. Lark.

• Like 9

Was just reading the weather channel and for June,July and August ,Williams averages about 7 inches of rain. If they get the normal amount, these 3 months it should finish the growth season just great. In fact with so much rain the Elk mite turn into Moose. .....BOB!

I headed north on 87 this afternoon and it rained from my house in Mesa all the way to Flagstaff. A nice gentle, drizzly rain. The desert and forest look great!

Felt like mid July rather than early June.

Nice little bonus before the real heat kicks in.

Was just reading the weather channel and for June,July and August ,Williams averages about 7 inches of rain. If they get the normal amount, these 3 months it should finish the growth season just great. In fact with so much rain the Elk mite turn into Moose. .....BOB!

There is a difference tho Bob.

Shoot this one............................................................................Not this one

post-12458-0-68299800-1433599267.jpg

post-12458-0-02468900-1433599342.jpg

• Like 8

Flag got an inch yesterday (Friday night) and thats not even counting Saturaday mornings additional rain. Bob, you better bring a boat on your elk hunt.

• Like 1

Every day until season. 50 yards in a 20MPH wind, with practice arrows. From July on it will be broad heads and hunting arrows.

post-13142-0-31399300-1433644271_thumb.jpg

That will be a great hunt with lots of very large elk, you will be able to use both calling and spot and stalk good luck.

• Like 1