Sign in to follow this  
eom

Live bait?

I'm heading to the upper salt river Tommorow and just found out kilmers closed down... Just wondering if anyone knew anywhere else in globe to get live bait? Thank you.

where you headed out from ? If in the Mesa Area ... hitting liars corner in east mesa may be the only thing ... The couple other places in the Globe/Miami area we used as back-ups to Kilmer's have not been selling for a while. The Tonto Basin side of Roosevelt has a few places ... We Use the store at Jake's corner or Butcher Hook Bait shop ... Also on the East Side of the lake You can get bait at the Boat repair Next to the Store.... I know those may be a bit out of the way ... But kilmer's was always the go to place on that side , unfortunately they have been going down hill the last few years.

set-up lights and use a throw net - we usually can fill up on shad and redfin minnows just using a throw net early and late in the day - next to shore

• Like 1

set-up lights and use a throw net - we usually can fill up on shad and redfin minnows just using a throw net early and late in the day - next to shore

It is becoming way more necessary to be able to get your own bait ... I would throw out a craw trap too ... nothing better than using live craws to catch Smallies , just remember they have to be caught in the body of water you are using them !

Thanks for the info I'm actually in casa grande that's why I was hoping there was something else I do have a throw net but my cousin was just up there last week and he couldn't find any shad at all hopefully it will be different this weekend