Sign in to follow this  
ready2hunt

Its official- 2015 El Nino

Here is the forecaster that I heard it from- can't be wrong. Tried posting the video but it would work.

This skit always cracked me up.

• Like 1

old timers call them = 100 yr floods - like we get them every one hundred yrs - I remember (2) 100 yr floods in a row - wiped out every bridge but the temple mill ave one and they were genuinely worried about it going

seen several over the years where you couldn't cross the tonto by Pumpkin Center

We can get a lot of rain at different times in different areas of the state - look at last yrs flooding

a few yrs back we almost lost Ash Fork bridges under the 1-40

Weather men can say rain 10 % - 20 % - whatever but the way storms develop here in Az --one never knows how bad it will be till it happens

• Like 2

Here is the forecaster that I heard it from- can't be wrong. Tried posting the video but it would work.

I recall my encounter with El Nino while coues hunting back in '79; he was living in a van down by the river....

• Like 3

I recall my encounter with El Nino while coues hunting back in '79; he was living in a van down by the river....

Now that's funny..I don't care who ya' are

• Like 1

http://news.yahoo.com/el-nino-weather-system-begins-tropical-pacific-australia-053103198.html

Even though it is bad for Australia and the south pacific it tends to bring us "higher" than average rain fall.

Sounds like all the signs point to a banner year for antler growth. If this is truly the case I look forward to a healthy fawn drop and some good regrowth in the burns!

Good luck to all of you who have elk tags. I hope you all have fun and miss the "big one" until I get my tag! haha

El Nino is believed to increase our winter rain...in some years, but it's impact on the spring rain and summer monsoons is unclear. Many studies say it might actually hinder monsoonal flow. So I wouldn't get too excited about how this declaration will affect antler growth...which depends on a whole lot more than moisture anyways.

Here is a picture of Big Lake this morning. Looks like the area is covered in horn growth juice! This can't hurt my Unit 1 September archery bull tag.

post-2989-0-89570500-1431803032_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Here is a picture of Big Lake this morning. Looks like the area is covered in horn growth juice! This can't hurt my Unit 1 September archery bull tag.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

That is an awesome pic! Reminds me of a fishing trip to holly lake one year. The only thing better than fishing during a snow flurry is hunting in one!

I hope this weather keeps up. El Niño or not when was the last time we had lows 70's in Pheonix in mid May?!?

• Like 1

We've had some great weather up in alpine this weekend. Got all kinds of rain on the way up from payson then it started snowing in show low last night and this morning we got snowed hailed and rained on all before noon.

That'll teach me to start scouting in May. At least we got into some turkeys. Seen a fewhens today, but nothing bearded yet.

Maybe I missed it somewhere but is this el nino forecast for the current winter in 2015 that is just ending or is it for next winter the end of 2015 going into 2016?

Maybe I missed it somewhere but is this el nino forecast for the current winter in 2015 that is just ending or is it for next winter the end of 2015 going into 2016?

I read that it started in 2014.