Sign in to follow this  
125coues

red fish

The wife and I are headed to Corpus Christi to visit family and most of all to do some fishing for big reds and trout.will get pics out soon.

How big is the one in your pic PRDATR

Used to have a blast catching them on the jetty on south padre when I lived down there.

When I was younger I would visit my grandparents in the Everglades and catch a ton of them in the 10,000 islands, along with snook and tarpon. The good ole days.

I lived in Cameron, LA. SW corner of LA and we would catch reds like bluegills . One of the best eating fish I think.

That one was about 36" long. We didn't have a scale but I think it was maybe 20 to 25 pounds. Biggest one I've caught to date. This is a Louisiana Red caught in the Catfish Lake/Golden Meadow area. Thought I was snagged and then it realized it was hooked and it was on.

I fought it for a good 20 minutes, multiple runs, before it rolled and we saw it was a Red. No net so my brother tailed it and pulled it into the boat. It was close to sunset. I made him take this picture and then I let it go.

And people think Bass fishing is fun. At least Red's don't taste like dirt. I used an old I had Shimano Calcutta on a St Croix rod that I had bought the day before with about 15 or 20 pound test floroclear P-LINE. I like to fish Mirro-Lure top water lures but if memory serves me correctly I caught this on a jig head with a plastic bait on it. Most of the locals would rather fish for Specks but I'm a bonafide fishaholic so as long as I'm catching something I am a happy camper.

• Like 2

Well I will be out on the water for 3 days fishing for reds and specks my brother friend caught 4 last Sunday that he had to release due to there size they were over the 36" mark.I can't wait!!!!!!

• Like 1

So sad ,we are unable to go fishing due to the high winds causing major white caps (20 to 30 mph winds) and the next few days there is storms coming.But it is great playing with great nephew so all is good.

So sad ,we are unable to go fishing due to the high winds causing major white caps (20 to 30 mph winds) and the next few days there is storms coming.But it is great playing with great nephew so all is good.

That sucks. <_< :angry: :( :unsure:

Yes it does ,my brother says maybe in am tomorrow .fingers are crossed.

I know the feeling of waking up, looking at the ocean and wondering why in the world she is so angry today. Have no doubt that the day you are leaving and unable to fish, it will be a mill pond.