murfys69law

Vortex scope??

I have the Viper PST 6x24x50 and absolutely love it. It's the best scope I've ever owned. It does not have capped turrets but the elevation turret does have a zero stop so it would be quick to re zero it if it was bumped. For the price it is very comparable to the higher end scopes, as I was going to purchase a nightforce .

It does have the best warranty but I have never had to use it, maybe that's what some people confuse it when they say they have the best warranty because it's no questions asked.

I only know 1 person who has had to send theirs back and it's because he over tighten the rings and bent the tube, but he received a brand new viper pst question asked.

It was hard to watch my wife fall on here nikon scope on her javi hunt and couldn't help but think I wish it had a vortex on it. It is currently getting replaced with a vortex for that reason and an upgrade as well.

Good luck on your decision. I hope all the info you have received from all members has helped.

I love my Redfield Revolution. I have a 3x9x40 that I am going to move to another rifle soon and get a new 4x12x40 for my 257 weatherby.

I am also contemplating a nice vortex for it as well since I found out today a coworker can get me a sick deal on a vortex scope.

I did get the Vortex 6x24 50mm PST EBR 1 FFP and is was at an incredible price. I can't say how much as I promised I wouldn't tell. I can't wait to get it mounted and start the tests.

Thanks to all who added your comments either pro or con. I will let you know how it works out.

Went out this morning and started the first tests on my new Viper...WOW...what a scope!!!! Super impressed. Think I found two loads that work the best as well.

This is just a start and I hope to get it even tighter. Thanks to all who helped with your comments promoting Vortex.

post-12458-0-64327200-1433123933_thumb.jpg

post-12458-0-88084800-1433123951_thumb.jpg

post-12458-0-65554700-1433123970_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I have the Viper PST 6x24x50 and absolutely love it. It's the best scope I've ever owned. It does not have capped turrets but the elevation turret does have a zero stop so it would be quick to re zero it if it was bumped. For the price it is very comparable to the higher end scopes, as I was going to purchase a nightforce .

It does have the best warranty but I have never had to use it, maybe that's what some people confuse it when they say they have the best warranty because it's no questions asked.

I only know 1 person who has had to send theirs back and it's because he over tighten the rings and bent the tube, but he received a brand new viper pst question asked.

It was hard to watch my wife fall on here nikon scope on her javi hunt and couldn't help but think I wish it had a vortex on it. It is currently getting replaced with a vortex for that reason and an upgrade as well.

Good luck on your decision. I hope all the info you have received from all members has helped.

Nikon would have replaced it too.

http://www.nikonsportoptics.com/en/index.page

Stomp Nikon charge, up to and including purchasing a new unit. they do not cover abnormal use or accidents. and they only cover the original purchaser.

Says right on the home page "Nikon No Fault repair/replacement policy for binoculars, rifle scopes & field scopes.

Nikon%20Policy_zpspnx4qqbn.jpg

This is a mute point. However Nikon doesn't have an "Unconditional, No questions asked, Lifetime Warranty. They have a "Limited Lifetime Warranty" and I have had to pay for a repair before. My whole post was to get views on scopes and I still appreciate the different comments from all of you. I am extremely happy with my Vortex as I can now see a target at 500 yards with a more powerful magnification. I do own a Nikon Monarch that is on my .270 wsm and I love it.

Thanks again all.