Sign in to follow this  
ALYUAZ

Delete

another person trying to do the "right" thing is gonna get lit up.....again.....kudos to the ALYUAZ though

• Like 4

The right thing is not that hard to do .... If any part of the find has flesh,or hide left on it contact G&F .... if the the parasites and bugs have done their job well and you have nothing but bone take it... It is not like anyone can put a tag on it to claim it this late in the game.... and IMO no one deserves a trophy they did not take the time to recover !

• Like 1

6x7 cow, weak fronts, strong beams, maybe 417" just south of the tornado path. Do I win?

• Like 1

Maffia, You forgot the Droptine........BOB!

how do you know the original hunter didnt take the time to find it str8shot?

dude may of looked for 5 minutes or for the rest of his hunt. Might of considered his tag filled since he couldn't find it? Lots of "maybes, might of's" in these internet situations. I try not to speculate.
  • Like 1

A man only has a limited amount of time. Death would be the finally, so who's to say.

Did not say not taking the time to look ...I Said, taking the time to actually recover ... Can you legally tag an animal once the hunt is officially over without contacting game and fish ? From what I have been told by officers is "No" .... I am sure most give leeway when closing day bleeds into the next but I am pretty sure it is up to them. It could be a guy with knots in his stomach that did not even attempt for another animal to tag or it could be a guy that said screw it and took another animal .... as someone else stated lots of what ifs .... I think the regs say it pretty clear on finding downed animals in the field and the proper way for an individual to claim a deadhead or any part of it .... when a majority of flesh or hide is still present versus dry exposed bone... Game and fish should be contacted before anyone removes any part of the animal... I do not understand why so many have a hard time reading the rules they publish every year. After winter in some areas the carcass may still have more flesh and hide than dried bone ... in these cases even the guy who may have wounded the animal would have to contact G&F to legally try to possess it . Of course he or she could just Mark the spot and keep coming back until it is mainly dried exposed bone, but then who is to say another would not find it and remove it ...