Sign in to follow this  
TRKHNTR

How Big?

No idea but he is gonna be a good bull. Crazy how fast they get those antlers out there growing.

Big!!! We spent the past week in unit 1 and 27, by far this is the most antler growth I've seen. Great picture!

• Like 2

seriously that bull will be a monster. I have some decent bulls on cams and none of them are even close to that right now. The larger bulls (from my experience) always have a large crown to start off with when growing. he looks to be on par. Hopefully you can put him on the ground.

• Like 2

I guess all the biologists are wrong then ... From what I understand it is up to a linear inch a day measuring the main beams ( remember spread is a part of that 400" score) as each new tine splits off the bone grows under velvet at a little slower rate ... As long as they have the genetics from Mamma and Pappa, and Good nutrition they can keep growing.... I have never heard a wild life biologist dispute or challenge the up to an inch a day number and have seen in published in almost every hunting book on elk I have read since I was a kid.

• Like 1

180x1=180.

i guess i still dont know what you mean by 1"? obviously thats not the length of the horn, or theyd be 180" long. when someone says inches, i assume they mean score, by inches.

• Like 1

Google: How fast do antlers grow. It says right in there they can grow up to an inch a day. It explains what they mean as well. Circumference, length, all play a role in that equation.

Either way...That bull in the pic a a shooter for sure.

Google: How fast do antlers grow. It says right in there they can grow up to an inch a day. It explains what they mean as well. Circumference, length, all play a role in that equation.

Either way...That bull in the pic a a shooter for sure.

If it's on Google, it has to be true! ;)