Sign in to follow this  
Shedhunteraz

You know your wife is good when.....

I will be looking for his other one tomorrow. :) I was a bit taken back at finding him in this area, and it changes a lot for my routine. I'll find him dang it.

Can I ask approximately how far (in miles) did you find the shed compared to where you took the picture of him? That statistic would be very interesting.....as well as knowing the incremental elevation difference. In unit #27 the traditional answer to those questions used to be 1-2 miles with an incremental elevation difference of 500-1000 feet. Of course those stats have now changed thanks to the Wallow Fire impacts on the herds.

I can say the elevation was WAY lower than anything I've found so far. He wasn't really anywhere near where the trail camera is, which is why is was shocked. As the crow flies not far, but for me it would take me 2 days to travel where he went. It just shows me his migration pattern is very sporadic.

I can say the elevation was WAY lower than anything I've found so far. He wasn't really anywhere near where the trail camera is, which is why is was shocked. As the crow flies not far, but for me it would take me 2 days to travel where he went. It just shows me his migration pattern is very sporadic.

Maybe just me thinking too much, but I always seem to find big sheds at lower elevations. Compared to smaller bulls anways

Shed hunter with a wife who really doesn't hunt, weight, or measure sheds and loves looking for just sheds, let alone find your elk shed you guys have been watching, she probably kicks the crap out of you in puzzles too!! :).

Yes Matthews I am like you and always found my bigger sheds at the lower elevations and the rag horns up high. AZSHEDGIRL the other reason I asked you the question on distance/elevation between pictures and sheds is we have a "club bull" that is the most unique rack I have ever seen. We hunted him last year unsuccessfully. I have many pictures of him at two different camera sites 1.5 miles apart within the same week. Just trying to get an idea from your similar experiences where I should be looking for his sheds. It would make my day (year) if I could find them!!

Yes Matthews I am like you and always found my bigger sheds at the lower elevations and the rag horns up high. AZSHEDGIRL the other reason I asked you the question on distance/elevation between pictures and sheds is we have a "club bull" that is the most unique rack I have ever seen. We hunted him last year unsuccessfully. I have many pictures of him at two different camera sites 1.5 miles apart within the same week. Just trying to get an idea from your similar experiences where I should be looking for his sheds. It would make my day (year) if I could find them!!

I can't speak for my wife but I'm sure she will chime in. But we had and have this bull about the same distance between cameras. Odd thing is he is totally opposite of where we thought he goes in spring. I would say do the total opposite of what your gut says. Wait for holly to chime in she knows way better and more than i

Thanks SHED. I should have added that even though I have always found the bigger racks at the lower elevations I am now finding bigger racks (than normal) at the higher elevations.....post Wallow Fire......which we probably all understand