Huntnchick

Broadheads for elk

Of course it's not necessary, but I like to practice how I play and it paid off come game day.

I am the same way.

Congrats now hit the showers lol I am picturing my extreme old football coach good times. Train hard play hard

This question comes up every year and there are always great suggestions on which broadhead to use. Based on my experience, I have had the opportunity to shoot 4 elk with a bow. I shot all of them using a cut on contact broadhead made by Magnus. It is the 100 grain Stinger with the bleeders. I like this type since there isn't a lot of kinetic energy lost during entry into the animal. Plus all of the blades are sharp on the backside. This helps to cause more internal damage in case the arrow stops inside. All of my shots were a complete pass through, even one at almost 70 yards.

This year I drew another tag and I'm gonna try a new broadhead form them called The Black Hornet. It's a little shorter, but has a wider cutting diameter. Plus the blades have been made a little thicker. Just by chance if you manage to break one, they are covered under a lifetime warranty. David

http://www.magnusbroadheads.com/black-hornet-100-grain-4-blade-broadhead-1-5-16-x-1-1-4-3-pack/

post-561-0-24747800-1430337737.jpg

sharp fixed blade will get the job done... I prefer the 125 grain shuttle T's