Hey everyone,

You may remember me from my post on my Javelina, but this time I am posting something different. I am posting my story about my Spring Turkey Hunt, Unit 22 around Payson.

It was about 3:30 a.m. opening day last Friday, when my dad told me to wake up. I had a hard time waking up, but I finally did.

We finally took off, and hiked to spot a half-mile down the road. We finally got there and set up in the blind. I stayed awake for a while, then dozed off, occasionally waking up and looking around. At about 6:30 I woke up. The sun was shining through the blind netting, so I could see absolutely nothing. I told my dad "If a turkey comes in right now, I won’t be able to see him!" All of the sudden, my dad points right to a gobbler outside. Oh, crap I thought. The funny thing was, a coues doe came in at the same time as the turkey! A few minutes later, the doe winded us, and then a distant truck starting up sent the gobbler off. I went back to sleep. Then, at about 8:15, I felt a sharp banging on my knee. It was my dad, who pointed outside the blind. I knew it was a gobbler. I had a clear shot. I was breathing so hard, and I couldn’t get my legs to stop shaking. Finally I calmed down, and pulled the trigger of the 12 gauge shotgun. I hit him in the head clearly, and he fell right there. He twitched his wing once or twice, and then was dead. I HAVE to thank my dad, bowsniper, for helping me, putting in a lot of time and effort, and for dragging me out to the desert for shotgun practice. Thanks, dad, I couldn’t have done it without you!

--

Troy

post-1805-1201107568_thumb.jpg

I want to thank Mike (TreeStandman) for helping us to find a great spot to hunt turkeys. Thanks Mike!

Mark

+1 on a nice bird!

Your story sounds like a lot of my turkey hunts. :ph34r:

OUTSTANDING TROY!!! Congratulations on your turkey and thanks for sharing the story! My son Erik and I are heading-up to the Kiabab this weekend for a turkey hunt, and we can't wait.

Best regards to you & your father on your future hunts!!!

S.

:)

Way to go Troy.

Your on a roll

Thats a great bird you got there

I enjoyed your story.

Maybe a deer tag for you this fall

Remember!! Write it down

Mike

Congrats Troy on an awesome bird. Thanks for sharing your story and pictures with us.

You are off to a great start Troy!!! Keep up the good work and good luck this next season!

Way to go Troy! Thank you for sharing your experience with us and the awesome pictures! A huge congratulations to you and your father! JIM>