Sign in to follow this  
pstrman

7 mag for Elk

Anyone ever shoot Colorado buck signature series? Just found them on Cheaper Than Dirt. 150gr accusing.

I have always used 160 Partitions. Last year I bought some HSM with Bergers for Coues but never fired a shot in the field.

I ordered a couple boxes so I'll let you know what I think after range time.

"When there is lead in the air........there is hope". Famous quote from a famous person that is a famous friend of mine!

I have decided that my back up rifle will probably be a ruger 7mm rem. Mag.

I am planning on working up a 160 gr Nosler partition load and possibly a 168 gr berger VLD load. Depending on how the load development goes I may make this my primary rifle, but I really want to get a notch in my 257 weatherbys belt, and I shoot that rifle pretty well.

Harley

1+ for 168gr Berger VLD

My son shot big cow elk at 512y with 6.5-284 140gr Berger , with small entry hole and no exit hole its smash very bag the in side can't tell Hear/lung or liver, only 1 shot she drop like a rock

The friend of mine used my rifle same bullet 140gr Berger kill a 350"+ bull at 175y 1 shot the bull drop on his track

300wsm with 168gr Berger VLD that what I going to use for my U10 early bull this year

With 168gr Berger I'm very comtable to take an bull elk down from distance 1000y or less

Just take the rifle out start practice to shoot and good luck on the hunt

I have just started working with Berger 115gr VLD's in my 257 Weatherby with very promising results so far. One of my first test groups was at or under 1 MOA @ 100yrds and I just added a new Timney trigger so I hope between the trigger and dialing in a load I can get .75 MOA or less from a basically stock rifle except for a trigger.

I am probably going to start working with the 168gr Berger's in my buddies 30-06 also for our elk hunt this year. We have cow tags in 7E.