Sign in to follow this  
fdh88

Introduction

Hey everyone, I'm fairly new to this site and have only posted a couple of times. I've found myself checking out this page every day and enjoy reading the posts. I'm a female hunter and have hunted small game my entire life and pulled my first elk tag this year. I've always loved the outdoors and have tagged along on big game hunts. I was always my dad's hunting buddy, but he passed away last year. He left behind a massive arsenal of hunting and fishing gear and I want to make sure it never collects dust. I made it my goal to learn as much as I can about big game hunting and go on as many hunts as I can. I'm lucky to be married to a great outdoorsman and hunter who understands the obsession I have with hunting. I definitely didn't join this site to e-scout. I'm here for reading some great stories from people with a common interest. It's shaping up to be a busy fall with my husband's archery bull hunt in 5BN and my late cow rifle hunt in 8. I'm hoping to have my own elk story to post later this year.

• Like 5

You both have great hunts I don't think either of you will have any trouble filling your tags, your husband should have chances on great bulls on his hunt if he can hunt the whole 13 days, a 360 plus Bull can be in his future. Very sorry your pops is gone,I wish I could of hunted past the age of 12 with mine.

Welcome and good luck on your hunts. One thing is for sure, you will have some fun this fall.

Welcome, you will learn a lot here. Some good some not so lol but it's still learning. Unit 8 late bull tag.

I hunted unit 8 for late rifle cow a few times many years ago. The first time was pretty successful and we heard and saw a decent amount of success stories. 2 years later we could not find an elk to save our lives and nobody we talked to had seen anything first hand. You heard of a guy who knew someone who's 3rd cousin saw something but that was it.

This was 15 years ago though. Scout a lot and get deep. There are tons more guys running around on quads and SxS then there were then. They will be hard to find.