Sign in to follow this  
chico

E-Scouting

More than once I've had specific places I personally hunt blurted out on these and other forums. Think it's a bad deal. That's my beef with those trying to help e-scouters.

• Like 2

I transposed numbers one year back in the paper days and ended up in 36B..........previously a mule deer hunter exclusively.

Would have never put in for that unit considering where I live.

Would have never found this site had I not had "googled" coues white tail, and what a blessing it has been to me and my family.

Many friends made here and no regrets for coming on here asking for help.............and I have not hurt the population of deer trophy or non-trophy as a result of my E-scouting!!!

Thanks James!!! Had not thought to contact the Forest Service. I am always pissed off about "road closures" locked gates, fire danger closures etc. Seems they don't want anyone in the forest... I will take a look at their website.

Seldom Drawn,

I will certainly look at my old spots as they are tried and true. Found those areas scouting for a friends cow hunt. I just don't want to spend too much time scouting the areas I already know. I also don't want to repeat past mistakes and scout areas that I can't reasonably get to due to road closures. I also don't want to hike in 3-4 miles only to see quads and trucks either on open roads I overlooked or illegally using closed ones. Sucks to put the work in and have yahoos drive in, slam doors, and generally ruin the solitude you were looking for.

What doesn't suck is having the chance to get out there and scout for an upcoming hunt!!!

Thanks for the comments and suggestions.