Sign in to follow this  
ElkDan

New guy here

Was that top bull in a magazine? I feel like I have seen it before.

Nice Bulls an welcome to the site, where in the gem state are you from?

Yeah, both the top bulls were in last year's issues of Extreme elk magazine. Top one even made the cover, I got lucky in 2013 and scored on both of those bulls 10 days apart.

I grew up in Blackfoot Idaho but spent time in Pocatello going to school at ISU and then worked about 4 years in Boise after school.

I knew I had seen those before! Congrats on your success and welcome to the best hunting forum on the web.

• Like 1

Yeah max hall didn't go to my school but Alex Smith did, go Utes. I played baseball at u of utah for two years.

Last year my dad and uncles hunted in 6b and went 4 for 4. This was during the late rifle hunt but all they saw was Bulls, never even saw a cow. Pm me and I can share some details. Also ,I got diagnosed with sickness as well, elkaholism. I call it "elk in my veins" cause there is nothing better than anything related to elk or elk hunting.

Smh... :(

post-12075-0-93890600-1428603584_thumb.jpg

Blue and white all the way

Man why ruin such a good post with those colors. How did your bowl game end up last year? Your players still licking their wounds from running their mouth all game long, like usual? Max Hall, the guy who yelled at a bunch of elder Ute fans after he got a UTE beat down, also the same guy with my favorite Mug Shot. Nothing like a bunch of 30 year old college athletes, flapping their mouth's, " Frick this and Frick that" GO UTES.

sorry for the small hi-jack of your thread.

post-8664-0-50174100-1428606559.jpg

• Like 2

I think I remember the top 2 bulls as well. The top bull was a co Otc tag that your almost didn't even go on to focus on the mantis tag. Am I remembering that right?

Good memory, yeah, I almost didn't go on the first hunt because I was having a hard time justifying it but I decided to do it anyways even though I had my Utah LE tag season open. I've got to give credit to my buddy on here eltaco, that bull could have just as easily been his and he worked harder and scouted more than I did but the bull just happened to come my way instead of going his I didn't want to post his mug up without his permission but since he jumped on here and commented about my lack of recognizing him I guess I'll throw it up. Here is another pic of the bull with both of us. I'm hoping I can help him get a big bull this year to repay the debt.

post-13342-0-57985800-1428640210_thumb.jpg