So does your EX naturegirl. Wow..a lot of 6A tags.

a lot of tags period.. LOL!

James

• Like 2

It's a huge unit with a lot of tags. You can get away from people but scouting is essential. You don't need to shoot at 50-60 yards. I've had the hunt before and I had many opportunities 30 yards or under. There are plenty of bulls to go around :)

• Like 1

Hi Folks, My name is Rick and I am from back east in CT, I am new to this site and a long time Bow hunter and Elk nut. Along with (it seems) a lot of others here I have drawn Unit 6A Archery elk for 2015. Since my buddy got wrapped around the axle this year I am on my own with this hunt. I plan on hunting 6A for only the first week of the season as I was lucky to also draw a NM Gila Archery tag this year also. I am looking to hunt 6A DIY but as you all know it is tough to hunt elk by your lonesome. If anyone reading this with this tag is looking for a hunting partner or has room in their camp for one more I would love to talk to you. I carry my weight and try to be a positive influence in camp and hunting. Any help whatsoever is very appreciated. Either pm me or respond direct @ rickcseh@gmail.com Thanks! Rick

• Like 1

I had this tag the 2 previous years in a row, and was successful last September...There is elk everywhere and with 700 tags people will be pushing them around. I found out the hard way with Pine grove quiet area that you will have 3 other groups of hunters chasing the same bull you are which gets frustrating I don't recommend hunting with half the tag holders in there (can't speak on behalf the Rattlesnake quiet area I was hunting the opposite side of the highway). We also noticed how much the elk heat up the last few days of the season but you guys will have no problem locating them. The tough part is getting a herd bull to breakaway from his cows.

• Like 1

Hi Folks, My name is Rick and I am from back east in CT, I am new to this site and a long time Bow hunter and Elk nut. Along with (it seems) a lot of others here I have drawn Unit 6A Archery elk for 2015. Since my buddy got wrapped around the axle this year I am on my own with this hunt. I plan on hunting 6A for only the first week of the season as I was lucky to also draw a NM Gila Archery tag this year also. I am looking to hunt 6A DIY but as you all know it is tough to hunt elk by your lonesome. If anyone reading this with this tag is looking for a hunting partner or has room in their camp for one more I would love to talk to you. I carry my weight and try to be a positive influence in camp and hunting. Any help whatsoever is very appreciated. Either pm me or respond direct @ rickcseh@gmail.com Thanks! Rick

You should partner up with "naturegirl". She has that tag and you can help protect her from her ex if they cross paths.