My last (2) tags I had in there I killed a 320" and a 330" 6x6's. If any of you two who drew that are non residents want help pm me.

• Like 3

My last (2) tags I had in there I killed a 320" and a 330" 6x6's. If any of you two who drew that are non residents want help pm me.

Dave, shhhhh Ill be in there haha.

• Like 1

Dave, shhhhh Ill be in there haha.
Haha I know you will..

All i can say is, get in shape! its a whole different world out there than back east.. (im from oklahoma)

and be prepared to shoot 50-60 yards. (i killed a bull there 2 years ago @ 76 yards..

good luck! i have the same tag as yall!

• Like 2

Well I stay in "elk" shape year round! So I'm not worried about that aspect. But yes you are right, I've hunted in CO and the Gila in NM and it will def kick your butt!

• Like 1

Quiet area's are not so quiet unless you go more than a mile in. Everyone "wants to get off of the road".. There is a lot of land that is not in a quiet area that holds a butt load of elk. I've a lot of success in this unit. As many have said, if you have trouble PM me, maybe I can help out a little. Congerats on the tag! I am jealous!

• Like 1

I got 6a tag as well. Will be first archery hunt.. Won't be out scouting till July august. Dave you mind giving me some gps coordinates on where to start looking?? Maybe general area of some 360 bulls? Lol

• Like 1

Have you been filming long? Looks like you are set up for this.

@murfys69law I've been filming fishing and Snowmobiling over the years , first time Elk hunting :) il be using the new GoPros , looking for something to use on a scope still . Just need to get on a decent shooter :)

@murfys69law I've been filming fishing and Snowmobiling over the years , first time Elk hunting :) il be using the new GoPros , looking for something to use on a scope still . Just need to get on a decent shooter :)

Good luck with that and can't wait to see the video.

• Like 1