AZTB5

Unit 1

I am anxiously awaiting April 24th! Another spring hunting gobblers in the white mountains! Does anyone have a report of gobbling toms in unit 1?

Yep unit 1 is on a down hill with birds. You should of stuck the the 27 unit as trkhter said

I'll be out mentoring youth hunters all next weekend in that unit I'll give you an update at that time and it will be closer to your hunt.

Drew that tag but can't go till second hunt now. Leave some of those long beards for me please!

Becareful Willy if you were drawn for the first hunt you must wait until after the second hunt to actually hunt which would be May 8Th when you can hunt again. Actually this is my favorite time to hunt turkey.

Drew that tag but can't go till second hunt now. Leave some of those long beards for me please!

Becareful Willy if you were drawn for the first hunt you must wait until after the second hunt to actually hunt which would be May 8Th when you can hunt again. Actually this is my favorite time to hunt turkey.

Yes I know, that's why it kills me to draw the first hunt and not be able to go till the second kicks off! Oh well life happens. I will be there May 8th ready to go.

From everything I've seen, very little winter kill. Should be lots and lots of young birds, great conditions after the fire for hens. Places in 1 that usually have a decent to good populations look like a chicken roost in terms of droppings and tracks. I can't wait to get the boys out next weekend, use some of Little Creek's calls and get some birds on the ground.