Sign in to follow this  
coatimundi01

Two years in a row!

HEADACHE,

If you draw again you might want to move to a new area, 7W was awesome for the rut last year I know of locals that killed over 15 bulls last season I only know of 2 that didn't

but were very picky sad to here you struggled.

Becker my information comes from 45+ years of living in, hiking, fishing, hunting and guiding in units #27 & #1. Personal experiences from countless hours in "gods country" should count slightly more than random surveys that may or may not be accurate due to many variables. I've done many personal surveys also, which I have always shared with my AGFD pals and contacts. I like data also........if it is reliable, interpreted correctly, and communicated honestly. I'm sure you understand that isn't always the case in this crazy world now.

• Like 1

Becker I might add that the wolf reintroduction program is a perfect example of what I am talking about in the last two sentences of my response to you!

HEADACHE,

If you draw again you might want to move to a new area, 7W was awesome for the rut last year I know of locals that killed over 15 bulls last season I only know of 2 that didn't

but were very picky sad to here you struggled.

I was in bulls every morning... saw some giants.

Opening morning I had a 380 bull at 100 yards.... couldn't close it (The only bulI actually saw rutting)

Most every bull after that was on his own, no cows.....

opening day I had a great 5x5 at 40 yards, on camera.... but like an idiot I passed on him because I was so excited about the huge bull I'd seen rutting already...

Cows were mostly all by themselves....

Bugles stopped by 10 minutes before sunup....

I saw bulls bedding at 5:45 each morning....

Nothing called during the day...

I hiked 10 miles each day in places I'd had cameras out and saw good bulls.....

Rough, rough hunt for me.

But I'll shoot you a pm because I've got a 1 in 3 chance of that same tag.... I've shot 3 good bulls in that unit and I can't lay off it. My favorite unit.