TOBY

Monday Hits only thread.

Looking more and more like I will be chasing elk in Colorado this year. There is still hope though. I remember a few years back, my deer tag didn't show up on my account until the following Wednesday.

It looks like I am with you on planning alternative means. Honestly, I am kind of excited about it. I have left an opening on my wall for a velvet bull so I will focus on the June and July OTC elk hunt to fill the void.

I am hit again this year and have been for 9 out of ten years. These hits have been both cow and bull tags. Drawing these tags has limited me for bear, deer, lion turkey, and javalina. It has also limited quail hunting. I guess I put to much time into scouting . If you dont draw a tag there are a lot of other options. My boys keep asking why we are not hunting quail and I have to say we have to scout for deer or elk. There are a lot of other opportunities out there that we have been missing because of time or money. Good luck.

27 years in a row? Wow!! How many of those 27 tags were you able to fill tj?

I believe it's 21. 2 rifle and 19 archery. I can't complain! :)

TJ

• Like 3

I am hit again this year and have been for 9 out of ten years. These hits have been both cow and bull tags. Drawing these tags has limited me for bear, deer, lion turkey, and javalina. It has also limited quail hunting. I guess I put to much time into scouting . If you dont draw a tag there are a lot of other options. My boys keep asking why we are not hunting quail and I have to say we have to scout for deer or elk. There are a lot of other opportunities out there that we have been missing because of time or money. Good luck.

My heart is breaking for you and all those missed opportunities. :)

• Like 1

My heart is breaking for you and all those missed opportunities. :)
we have been pretty lucky, just sayin. :)

I'm used to CC's being charged for 2-3 days and then onto the cards that were declined. Seems to be pretty quick this year.

Hit today for a single tag. Either my wife (6pts) for 3A/3C early bull or son in law (1 pt) 6A late rifle bull.

I did have elk burgers today! Yum.

I cut up an elk roast, browned the meat in olive oil and garlic. Then added it to homemade pasta sauce. Delicious, feeling stuffed right now. Oh, and still waiting for a credit card hit w/ 21 points for antelope and numerous elk applications for the family.

I did have elk burgers today! Yum.

I cut up an elk roast, browned the meat in olive oil and garlic. Then added it to homemade pasta sauce. Delicious, feeling stuffed right now. Oh, and still waiting for a credit card hit w/ 21 points for antelope and numerous elk applications for the family.

Haven't had a elk tag for 8 years. 5guyshunting gave me a couple roasts and I made some green chili and took it up with them on the "GOAT BOYS" adventure. It was awesome. Did get a hit this year so maybe I can pay him back. Thanks 5guys.

• Like 1

Looks like alternatives for me.

No hit for me. I was optimistic yesterday, but hope is fading away looks like plan b again oh well will still be hunting!! Good luck to all who drew!!