GTIMANiac

Starting over ... almost 8 years since I've shot

With not being drawn in forever and work schedule I sold my switchback ages ago and haven't shot since then. So essentially I am getting back into archery as a newbie. Bows have come a long way in recent years. Suggestions on shops? I am in far north valley and rather not drive all the way to archery hq unless I have to.

Ross outdoors is probably closer to you. I've heard nothing but good things. On the other hand, I had a really disappointing experience with Archery HQ and won't ever go back or recommend them to anyone.

• Like 2

Arizona archery is far north valley but i would not recommend them to

Anyone. Ross seems to have their $#it together better than the rest

Ross, I had good luck with archery HQ but Ross's is good dudes.

My wife was chastised and belittled by the owner Randy. No excuse for his behavior.

• Like 1

Most shops are not newbie friendly or inviting to the sport of hunting or recreational or competition shooting, this is one thing I would like to avoid. A lot of shops come off as arrogant and run people off versus greeting them. This is not isolated to bow shops, gun shops do it as well.

Ross, I had good luck with archery HQ but Ross's is good dudes.

My wife was chastised and belittled by the owner Randy. No excuse for his behavior.

• Like 1

Rossi I apologize for your negative experience, there is no excuse for bad customer service anywhere. I do know that things at archery hq have changed drastically in the last two/three years and staff has changed as well. If you ever need anything my name is JR and I will personally make sure your experience is nothing but positive if you give me a chance. If not I understand but am here if needed.

I also extend this offer to anyone else. Please ask for me if I can help.

• Like 6

Arizona Archery on Deer Valley.

+1 for AAC if you are in the north valley, alot of bows to choose from and alot of great people will assist as well. The range for being an indoor range is next to none especially if you want to shoot through the summer.

• Like 1

I've been to AA on Deer Valley, had my daughter take lessons there. I got the arrogant vibe from their shop though. Perhaps I should give them another try but was leaning towards Bowtech this time versus Mathews, which would send me to Ross.

I personally have used all three mentioned in this thread and have been pleased with all.