GTIMANiac

Starting over ... almost 8 years since I've shot

never been to ross but sounds like that's the place.

never been to ross but sounds like that's the place.

Yeah dude I got the Bowtech Assasin a few years ago and they hooked it up for like 550.00 complete out the door.. inexpensive sight , whisker bisket , etc noting fancy because I was a beginner. They are all bow hunters them selves .

ROSS OUTDOORS! END OF STORY.

• Like 1

To the OP, I wish you the best of luck regardless of where you go. I understand everyone having positive and negative experiences at any shop. I have personally had very bad experiences at a shop that I was told is only the best of service and treats everyone great. That is what actually brought me to shop at the store I now work for.

If you want the best selection, techs, and customer service go to Ross Outdoors.... If you don't, well then go anywhere else..

Just out of curiosity Did you get an elk tag?

Yes ... drew bull. Not sure which of the hunts yet. Started running again time to start flinging a few hundred arrows a week too.

• Like 1

I live a few miles from az archery club and have been in twice hoping the first time when they completely ignored me was an accident. But second time just the same. Real bummer because I'd love to have a close shop. I'm a newbie admittedly I guess I have to spend a grand before they talk to me.

I can say that JR at archery hq totally helped me out. Spent time at the range and fixed my shooting and all I did was buy a rest from him. It's a drive but it was worth it. Don't know anyone else there but I'd ask for JR if you guys go there

Never been to Ross but it sounds first class

Apache I'm truly sorry for your previous experiences but I do greatly appreciate the kind words and am very happy I was able to help you out. Anyone who comes to the shop please ask for me (JR) &I'll gladly do anything in my power to help you out. I not only enjoy experienced shooters but newbies as well and I'm always excited to meet fellow forum members.

jR. My mistake. The bad visits were at az archery club by my house on deer valley.

Sorry for confusion. I'll edit my post

I know the OP already got a bow but I wanted to mention Corner Archery. They have been very good to me over the years and for bow work they charge very little. I see people bring bows they just bought at Cabelas in their and they will happily set everything up for the most reasonable prices that I'm aware of. One of the big reasons I like to support Corner is their youth archery programs and JOAD. If you're ever there on a Saturday morning you can see the waves and waves of kids they train. I've never had even a hint of condescension or arrogance from the owner Rhonda and the staff shooters have all been very nice, as well.