SwarovskiCoues

Outdoorsmans Tripods

thanks for everyones input im just looking for something ultralight and compact. the medium compact outdoorsman tripod an new micro head will weigh 2lb 10oz..total

post-10795-0-28906700-1426094811_thumb.png

Where can I look up info on this new pan head

they have nothing online. ill post a picture i took if i can figure it out on my phone.

I really like my outdoorsmans medium tripod & pistol grip setup for backpacking. I'll have to check out that micro pan head though...

• Like 1

The Outdoorsman tripod is the best that I have used or tried so far for a light weight tripod IMO. The compact medium version will fit in most backpacks even with the pistol grip. The carbon tripods always seem to have to much vibration for me.

• Like 3

I do not think you can move the handle on the new micro head so it is operated with you left hand or you turn it around to use it with your right hand.something to think about if you are right handed.

I do not think you can move the handle on the new micro head so it is operated with you left hand or you turn it around to use it with your right hand.something to think about if you are right handed.

i use the handle with my right hand and glass like any other pan head

They sell a center extension pole for the med. so it will extend higher so you can stand up and glass .i have one on my med. and it works great and I am 5'11" tall .SwarovskiCoues I guess I just prefer it( the handle) to be on the right side ,I have there pan head and the handle is on the right side .Just my preference as to where I like it.

It is on the right side if you glass with it the correct way...handle facing away from you.:) just how it was designed..

• Like 3

The Outdoorsman tripod is the best that I have used or tried so far for a light weight tripod IMO. The compact medium version will fit in most backpacks even with the pistol grip. The carbon tripods always seem to have to much vibration for me.

I use the Outdoorsman's Tall with the Swarovski 95mm objective lens and it does a great job holding this heavy lens steady.

I have an outdoorsman tripod full height. I will say it has held up to my hard use without breaking so that is a plus. It is heavier than I would like though when packing it all day. I've had mine for awhile now and I'm not sure if the offer a lighter weight tripod. I'm sure a shorter one would've cut the weight down, but I do really like the option of standing or sitting, etc., when glassing.

I'm getting the tall this year for my wife as she like to be able to stand but not sure on what head to get yet. With not being able to get parts for the JW head it looks like the options are down to two. Need to check out the new Outdoorsman head. Good luck to everyone in the draws.

There is full write up on the new micro head in the latest Western Hunter magazine.

Thanks. Just read that. Shaves off 4 oz's and is a little cheaper. I will stop bye the Outdoorsman to check it out.