Sign in to follow this  
gbocardo

Squeaky Polaris Ranger

Okay fellow Coues White tail members. I already received one response to my question but was hoping for others input or solutions. I have a 2010 Polaris Ranger which I purchased brand new. Now first of all I love the thing with the exception of one issue. The squeaky bushings. The squeak started immediately after getting home and riding in the desert for a few hours. I took it back to Polaris who stated it was just probably bad bushing from sitting in the warehouse and drying out so they replaced them. But again they began to squeak. Now this is not a little squeak it is down right annoying and loud. After several heated discussions with Polaris and even going to corporate there has been no solution. I tried going onto forums where the only solution was to install a loud radio. Obviously not a solution while hunting. Now I considered going to the brand new model only to find out my buddies 2014 is doing the same thing. I have another buddy with a 2007 model which is Silent not even a rattle. So obviously newer is not better. I did realize when going through water the noise would go away for a while so I tried some spray lube which would work for a very short time. I eventually took everything apart and greased everything even things that probably did not need it but if it was dry it received grease. I thought this was the fix. The squeak was gone for about two hunts but after riding the other day it returned. I don't want to have to break it down every time to add grease as the area squeaking does not have enough gap to squeeze it in. Does anyone have a full time solution.

My uncle's 2008 700 quad does the same thing in the rear suspension. Annoying as poop.

My 2008 Ranger XP had no such issues.

Glad you brought this up and I am interested in the responses as we are finally close to buying a new Crew.

Just wondering if you have tried aftermarket bushings maybe the factory bushings are to hard and that is the problem.Try getting in touch with a company that sells bushings for your ranger and see what they tell you,talk to they service person not there sales person .

Go to: www.polarisatvforums.com/forums/

You may have to meander through the site, but somebody there should be able to point you to a solution ...

I have the same model and problem as you. It's the bed latches, not the suspension. My temporary fix is cutting part of a plastic water bottle and duct tape it on the brackets the bed latches to. Long term fix is more complicated, pm me and I'll share it.

Tommy

Thanks for the responses. As far as the bed latches I already fixed that problem. That was a different kind of squeak, one in which I could deal with. I have already pin pointed the bushing issue and location. It is just the fact the grease does not last due to the constant rubbing and eventually rubs dry creating the noise. I am going to take your advise 125 coues. I have a few more months on my warranty and am going to take it in for check up so repairs can be conducted under the warranty. But as soon as the warranty is up I will be looking for other solutions. Thanks everyone for input.