Sign in to follow this  
Lv2hnt

How's Your Hearing?

Glad, I am not the only one in the restaurant day dreaming of huge elk and deer, since I can't hear a word by some of my soft spoken friends. As said above, selective hearing is the best with the wife.

"Wait, What you said no to the guys coming over and drinking beer? I totally thought u said yes. "

• Like 2

Amanda, thanks for bursting my bubble (lol) --- got nothing at 14,000 Hz. Oh well, not so bad for my age, I guess ...

I can hear 8000 and 12000 with the right ear. None of them with the left ear. I also have tinnitus real bad. Background noise kills my hearing. Don't like a lot of bass in music either.

Right ear is going downhill from all the gunfire it has been subject to. Cant even use if for talking on the phone, but I can hear animals, footsteps, etc. hundreds of yards away. Doesn't make any sense.

• Like 1

My doctor mentioned that driving with the window down will also damage your hearing on the left side, hadnt thought too much about it but sounds reasonable.

Well, I heard the 18,000 hertz. I'm 19, sorry guys :P

I don't think that being 19 is why you have such good hearing....look at your profile pic, you got heavy duty ear muffs on!
  • Like 1

Hilarious! I just played the tones, and started with the 15,000HZ. My 12 year old in another room asked me what the annoying noise was. I couldn't hear a thing. Tried 14,000HZ too, nothing. My daughter can hear 18,000HZ just fine. My dogs right next to me slept through everything.

• Like 2

Well, I heard the 18,000 hertz. I'm 19, sorry guys :P

I don't think that being 19 is why you have such good hearing....look at your profile pic, you got heavy duty ear muffs on!

Haha, guess you have a point there.

My doctor mentioned that driving with the window down will also damage your hearing on the left side, hadnt thought too much about it but sounds reasonable.

My grandpa was a Highway Patrolman and he drove around with the window down his whole career because his patrol car didn't have a/c, and he developed some trouble hearing from his left ear.