Sign in to follow this  
GreyGhost85

Burris Veracity 5-25 FFP

so, i recently ordered a Burris Veracity 5-25x50. i considered the sightron and vortex, as they are in the same price range. i like the fact that the burris has turret caps, and to be honest, i am not really happy with my current vortex optics. has anyone had any experience with these scopes? the few reviews i have read are all very positive. i won't be able to mess with mine for a couple months and am curious if any one else has given them a try?

• Like 1

No experience with the Veracity, but Burris was bought out by Steiner. I know that has been a good thing for Burris. I just got the new Steiner T5Xi 5-25, and it is great. Let us know your thoughts on the scope.

I have been looking at that exact scope also... I do have the little brother to it (3-15?) and I would say the glass and function is excellent...

I don't have that one either but 3 other Burris and they are made really well with decent glass. The only knock I ever had against Burris is they are dang heavy compared to their comp in most cases. Means they are built solid but probably not a great fit for a mountain rifle.

Got a burris mtac which is the veracity's lesser and it is legit. Tracks great . glass is great. Stout. I say you're gonna be pleased. Burris will make you some load specific turrets for it if you're into that. Also, their customer service is top notch in my experience and their warranty is just as good.

Time to resurrect this thread!!!

GG85-- Whats the verdict? You've had this Veracity for 2 years now. I'm looking at them now. Which reticle did you go with (SCR or the Ballistic Plex)?

Well, i'm on my 2nd veracity. The first one was damaged (horse fell against a tree and crushed the scope inside the rings) and Burris replaced it with a new model in under 2 weeks. So thumbs up for customer service. I have had the ballistic plex reticle on both of them. I like the reticle fairly well. It's FFP, so once you figure out how many MOA between hash marks it's fairly easy. They are heavy scopes and not the same optically as the very high end, which is to be expected. I have found them to be quite a bit more clear than vortex pst, and i think they slightly edge sightron. The new ones have lower turrets which i didn't like at first but i do like the fact that they give you 25 MOA per revolution. The zero stop is very easy and quick, much better than the shim systems that other scopes use. It has held up well to the heavy recoil of my .338 Lapua. Tracking seems to be spot on. I have shot it out to 1,100 and it holds true. It has 4 kills. 3 elk at 420, 650, 740 and i shot a coues at 520. For the money i would buy again. Really beefy, tough scopes

• Like 1

That is what I needed to hear!!

I was heck bent on that SCR-MOA reticle until I checked out both in a store. The SCR-MOA is great but I think it is a bit too fine for a true hunting reticle and would lose out a bit in the edges of daylight.

I really liked the Ballistic Plex reticle, esp in FFP because it really helps center you on the cross hairs even at low magnification. However-- on the vertical crosshair, the holdover hashes beneath the main crosshair seemed to be a bit weird. I actually emailed burris and asked why they didn't use something more standardized like hashes every 1 or 2 MOA as on the SCR.

The reticle explanation appears to show the hashes at 1.39 moa, 4 moa, 7.18 moa and then 10.56 moa. To me this makes ZERO sense if I am going to use a holdover method instead of dialing.

Thoughts?