Sign in to follow this  
jgraffaz

Augest archery\building your own tanks.

Why do these post's always turn out bad now a days. The dude has a simple question. It would be illegal for you to take anything into a wilderness area and leave it pretty much. I get 55 gallon plastic drums at work all time and have 2 cut in half in my back yard. Had the same idea as you (not in wildness areas) but haven't put one out yet. If you want one let me know and good luck.!

• Like 2

Take a look at leave no trace! This is all you need to know.

Pack it in and pack it out, if there is something that shows signs you were there then no dont do it. If something is existing already like a fire pit then yes use it but dont build a new one in some spot you like better.

Leave no trace

Leave no trace

• Like 1

Why do these post's always turn out bad now a days. The dude has a simple question. It would be illegal for you to take anything into a wilderness area and leave it pretty much. I get 55 gallon plastic drums at work all time and have 2 cut in half in my back yard. Had the same idea as you (not in wildness areas) but haven't put one out yet. If you want one let me know and good luck.!

They always turn out this way because no one should be putting crap like man made plastic tanks anywhere on public land. Put it in your back yard or buy some land and do it. Better yet if guys want to hunt like that move back east and sit in a tree all day.

I guess we should just put more roads in everywhere so the whole state can look like table mesa!!!

• Like 2

They always turn out this way because no one should be putting crap like man made plastic tanks anywhere on public land. Put it in your back yard or buy some land and do it. Better yet if guys want to hunt like that move back east and sit in a tree all day.

I guess we should just put more roads in everywhere so the whole state can look like table mesa!!! carefully remove your tampon and quit being a woman about it.

• Like 1

That's it your not welcome at my campfire from now on!

dang

Upside is it sounds like you may still be on his Christmas card list???

• Like 1

I guess we should just put more roads in everywhere so the whole state can look like table mesa!!!

Do you ever hunt dirt tanks? they are man made, do you let your mules drink out of these man made drinkers? Is there any difference between this an a man made Plastic Drinker?

And with Mules why would you be anywhere near Table Mesa? With all the country in Az why go to a place where all the Valley Goes?

What about all the Game and Fish Drinkers in the Wilderness should we tear them all down?

• Like 1

Let's see yes I have used dirt tanks, hard to argue other than if every Joe blow with a 55 gallon drum went out and set up a tank that would be awesome.

There happens to be a nice national trail for hiking, biking, horses, that runs down i17 from Prescott to about 74 by lake pleasant (black canyon trail) and it runs through table mesa road area, I made the mistake in 2014 of riding this trail and crossing table mesa for the first time and wow, anyone who has been in on the west side knows its bad.

As far as g and f tanks there are very few of these inside designated wilderness in az and the ones that Are there I have seen zero people sitting on them. I'll say I would actually like to see more of these or dirt tanks in wilderness areas like mazatzal. Water sucks in there and hunting does too. It could be a mecca like Bob marshal in Montana where its managed very well for animals and humans.

The point is the more people do leave stuff in the woods or wilderness and the more people argue they are right to do it the faster everything looks like table mesa. Just my opinions, and my mules opinions as well.

• Like 1

carefully remove your tampon and quit being a woman about it.

maybe he can wad up all those unused tags and use them for that purpose. so tired of the ethics police BS coming out of mulepackRIDER. can't call yourself a hunter if have never killed anything

• Like 2

I disagree, in my heart, mind, and spirit I am a hunter gatherer. The kill is the smallest quickest part. The plan, the work, the hard times, the respect of the land and the animals, the passion, the care of the kill, the primal state of mind that comes after time in the woods, the dinners with family and friends eating the animal, sorry I irritated with my vision of the world. Just my 2 cents on a subject.

In my heart, mind and spirit I am Chuck Norris, but we all know that isn't the truth.

• Like 8

I disagree, in my heart, mind, and spirit I am a hunter gatherer. The kill is the smallest quickest part. The plan, the work, the hard times, the respect of the land and the animals, the passion, the care of the kill, the primal state of mind that comes after time in the woods, the dinners with family and friends eating the animal, sorry I irritated with my vision of the world. Just my 2 cents on a subject.

That's cute

I guess I will throw my 02 in here.

I think anytime we do something for the wildlife regardless if its to hunt over or not is a win win. The animals will benefit from it and I would like to think they would stay to populate the area. Any wilderness areas without much water should have rain harvest drinkers in them. I see nothing wrong with making rain or spring harvest containments, it will benefit all wildlife in a given area. The cow punchers have been doing it for years, fish and game does as well.

I agree with Mulepackhunter that I don’t like seeing trash anywhere in our forests, however if it’s a working water tank and it benefits the wildlife in the area Im all for it. I would ask that if anyone decided to build one to do the best they can to make it blend in with the environment. Personally, if I ever decide to do something like that I would do my best to keep it hidden so others wouldn’t stumble onto it. If you cant see it , it cant bother you.

• Like 3